Thursday, February 07, 2019

A Good Week

The weather is all over the map. We have had it warm, wet, snowy, and cool. Today is cool with a high of 1C and tomorrow is to have a high of 8C. At least it isn't minus double digit numbers for now. 

Lifestyle

I have been doing the necessary housework each day but need to focus on sweeping and mopping the floors to remove any cat hair that is collecting. 
The Spousal Unit has been doing a puzzle that was driving him (and me) nuts. As it was being done, we found several pieces in the wrong spot. They fit perfectly both piece size and color. It was finished yesterday after thinking we had missing pieces in two spots. 
A new puzzle is out and we have done the border except for one piece. He's on his own now to work on the interior. I will help out for 20 minutes a day. That's all I can do at a time. 

Health

I'm getting it right with my eating. Portion control, weighing where necessary, and keeping my points less than I should eat paid off. I lost a whopping 4.2 lbs this week. It was ready to come off. I'm waiting to see if my thyroid is over active and I'll have my medication reduced. I think it may happen. 

Sewing

The fleece blanket is now ready to have the strips cut to tie. I will start that today. I have just over 2 weeks to do it in and I can only do so much at a time. 
I am enjoying Design Academy. I have to spend time this morning sorting out my pictures for my sketch book. I have the pictures for the first two lessons done and need to do the third lesson. I will get the pictures printed (2 for each lesson) and add them. 
What I am finding is that people do no respond a lot to the lessons so it is hard to see what others are doing. I have more response from another group. They are certainly cheering me on. 

Knitting

I am almost finished the denim doll's sweater/jacket. I have the sleeves to sew up and then block it. 
I did not knit on my scarf last night but will continue it tonight. My next project will be socks for DGS. I need to wind the yarn into a cake. The doll's next outfit will be leggings. I want to start them as I have a wonderful idea in my head for an outfit. 

Today

It is an at home day. I will sweep the floors and clean the bathrooms. The fleece blanket will be worked as will the course. We have grandson coming for dinner and the evening which will be fun. It will be a busy day for me.
Until the next time...................... 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment