Sunday, February 17, 2019

A Sewing Day

The sun is shining but it is cooler today. The wind will make it feel cooler than it actually is. But if the sun shines, all will be good. 

Lifestyle

It was a quiet day at our house. I did some housework and then headed to the sewing room. With all the rain we had, it was an inside day for us. 

Health

I seem to have hit a plateau. My weight is the same and I've even started to eat a bit more. Back to smaller portions today. A bit frustrating but I will get past this. 

Sewing

Yesterday's job was to cut out the western shirt I want to sew and sell. 
The yellow is cut out except for the sleeve which I need to play with. I will sew and serge the fronts and backs and yokes and then make the piping. When done, I will have used 3.5 meters of fabric. 
In Design Academy, I have finished up Color and I am working on Fabric. I have several things to overcome with fabric; my fear of knits and fancy fabrics. I am working on my fear of knits and will be trying out one idea I found one designer uses - paper underneath the fabric. I keep telling myself I can conquer this. Fancy fabrics will come but I hate the fraying of those fabrics. 
I have a cute piece of polyester fabric in the doll's stash that I am going to make a basic dress out of. I want to see how it works compared to the cotton I normally go to when sewing the basic dress. I will try to knit a jacket to go with it. 

Knitting

One sock is done to the heel. 
The second sock is cast on-- green for the cuff and 4 or 5 rows knit. 
Today
I am sewing today and working on the western shirt. I have one piece to trace so it is the correct size. That will take a few minutes and then I can serge and sew to my heart's content. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment