Thursday, February 21, 2019

Never Say Never

The weather has been cold and the windchill has made it colder. It warmed up a bit and it is to snow all day.
 Elliot does question our weather at times. Especially the cold. 

Lifestyle

Cabin fever started to arrive and we took off Tuesday for a day out to Coldbrook for apples and books. We got a few other things and explored at a nursery. Found some things we wanted and makes you want spring to arrive sooner rather than later. 
We have been talking a bit about different places and their locations here in Nova Scotia. One place was Amherst. I said my 2nd great grandfather was born near there. That led me to reread some information I had on his family. When we moved here, I was asked if we had family roots in Windsor. I said no, they had never been here. Well, never say never. My  3rd great grandfather was captured in the early 1790's in the US, brought to Halifax and mustered out at the end of the war in Windsor. He must have been stationed here during the war. Two of his boys lived here in this area in their adult years. They lived across the Minas Basin at Parrsboro while growing up. 

Health

I was down another 1.2 lbs for the past two weeks. I have now lost 16 lbs. I've been tracking well, watching portion control and moving some. I really need to get my butt in gear and do more walking, even if only indoors. 

Sewing

I worked on the western shirt yesterday afternoon and got it ready to sew on the collar. 
Daughter suggested I try the yellow band on the front. 
I have a feeling I will be changing the print band to a plain band today. 
I finished up, or so I thought, the section on fabric. I'm going to have add a bit more to it as I found this cute idea on Pixie Faire. 
Not one piece of cotton in it. Such a perfect outfit for fabric and inspiration. 
Next up is surprise and I am so happy to be working on that one. I have a week before I start the next course and I need to keep moving forward and quickly. 

Knitting

I have not knit for 2 nights. One night was family tree research and last night was exhaustion. I could barely stay awake. 

Today

I will be starting the doll's pattern I need to test and then switch over to work on the western shirt. I will put a load of laundry on and save the housework for next week. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment