Tuesday, February 05, 2019

I've Been Busy!

We have finally come out of the cold snap. Yesterday's high was 5C and the low was 2C. Today we expect to see 8C. With the warmer weather comes rain showers but I'm okay with that. 
Though, we were on the edge of the Polar Vortex, the cold, moist wind that came across the New Minas chilled us to the core every time we stepped outside. I am a wimp to say the least. 

Lifestyle

I have cleaned up the house. I have gone around and around making sure it is clean and only have to do spot cleaning this week. Next week, a bit deeper in our bedroom. Vacuum rather than sweep up the dust and cat hair off the floor. 

Health

I put a few more things in place this week. I was not getting a blue dot for tracking as I was eating too many 0 point foods. So I did some thinking and here is what I am doing:

  • Eat low points for breakfast and lunch
  • Have a bit of starch/carbs for dinner 
  • Portion control. I even weighed the spaghetti before and after I cooked it. 
  • Reminder that 0 point foods are not 0 calorie foods
  • Leave just enough points over so I get a blue dot. 
Wednesday will tell if I am doing it right or not. 

Sewing

I laid out the fleece blanket and started cutting off the selvage edge. I pushed it to one side and traced a shirt pattern for western wear. The next item on the list is to trace a Jalie t-shirt before I buy the Pamela Perfect T shirt. 
I have been working on Design Academy through Pixie Faire. It is for doll clothes. I am on schedule and ready to start a new unit on the 7th. It gives me time to work on other things. 
I did a design board for the course which I want to follow through to the next course on pattern making. 
This was my first idea which was using just pictures I found. I found fabric and yarn to use. I felt it was a good start. 
 Next I did a drawing of what I wanted to make.
From there, I started to knit the sweater in a lovely denim heather wool yarn from the stash. As I moved through the lessons, I changed the look of the top.
I really want to add a pop of color. I'm really thinking yellow for the top and sweater/jacket. 

Knitting

I am working on the blue sweater for the outfit. I'm ready to start the sleeves. I also pulled out my scarf and am knitting it. As of last night, I am a row short of 1/3 the way done. 

Today

A bit of housework, folding laundry, budget, some sewing and knitting are on the agenda for today. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment