Friday, February 08, 2019

Thoughts On Doll Clothes Fabric

We have had freezing rain during the night like they forecasted. The temperature is suppose to hit 8C and rain. It is to cool off with chances of snow flurries starting tonight. 

Lifestyle

Our driveway and car has a coating of ice on it. It is quite slippery out there though the roads have been heavily salted. Inside until just after lunch for us. We don't have to be out this morning. 
Yesterday I did some housework getting the two bedrooms and the bathroom tidied up. There was white dust on the furniture and some on the floors. 
I did put away some yarn that was on the couch and have been looking at my yarn. I really would like to knit faster but it isn't. My knitting speed is moderate. 

Health

I was hungry yesterday afternoon and had to eat a few cashews. I had 6 halves and it helped. We had grandson for dinner and I ate well. All food was tracked and under points for the day. The weight is still coming off but a bit more slowly. I'm fine with that. 

Sewing

I spent quality time on my course yesterday. I have to draw another jacket for the rhythm and repetition. I did this one as I am wanting to make this jacket at some time. 
If I choose a small print, I could do more of a kangaroo pocket rather than a large pocket. The print fabric would be the hood lining. 
The next drawing will be in a green color with a fur collar. Playing with ideas. 
I will be spending some time doing a pattern test. The dresses we have to sew before we do the collars are published. My inspiration photo is this one. I love how the focal point is the button on the tie slide. 
It will be fun to work on Edwardian style doll clothing again. 
One of the things that hit me in this course was a statement of buying everything you need for an outfit at one time. This is, to me, true for both human and doll outfit planning. I have been doing more planning with fabric for my wardrobe but am hodge podge with the doll's fabric. I am going through the doll's fabric and doing a sort. I need to put what goes together in a tub and figure out what to do with the rest. I will take some of it with me to buy fabric to go with it as I truly love it but other pieces were for simple dresses only. It was where I was when I purchased it. 

Knitting

The denim sweater/jacket is done and blocked. When dry, I will add the button and do a photo shoot for my design portfolio. 
I am almost half done my scarf and need a second project to work on. I will start on socks. I need another fix of sock knitting. 

Today

We have to go out once it warms up but otherwise it is housework, sewing, and sorting fabric. I hope it is bright enough to do a photo shoot. If not, there will be another day to do it. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment