Thursday, April 25, 2019

One of April's Goals Met

Yesterday was dry until dinner time and we had one good shower. It was a good one. We may have had a shower over night and could have one or two today.

Lifestyle

The first daffodils showed up on Tuesday. I got pictures of them yesterday. The first sign of spring. Daughter-in-law's forsythia is almost in bloom. So happy to see some color. 
After doing some housework, I laid down and had a nap. I hadn't slept well the night before as my mind was racing and wouldn't shut off. It was a quiet day for me so I would sleep well last night. 
The flooring was ordered and we paid the difference to get what we wanted. The insurance pays the biggest amount as the original flooring was a good quality. 

Health

I lost 1.4 lbs at weigh in last night for a total of 26 lbs. Met and exceeded April's goals. I am ready to set May's goals. Focusing on my goals has been very successful for me as it helps we think about the small bits rather than the big picture which is a long ways off. 
I am getting to the stage where I need to go shopping for new clothes. My wardrobe is limited and I need new tops for summer. My tops are mainly for winter. I do have capris to wear this summer. And one pair of jeans. 

Sewing

Yesterday I got a $19.00 course for $.99. It is on sewing a jeans jacket for dolls. I also bought the pattern. I will be making the jacket following the class so I can learn more about the process and techniques used. 
I haven't printed off any more patterns. As I am painting for the next few days, I will refrain from patterns. Once done, I will print off a few more for future reference. 

Knitting

I started the first sleeve on the sweater and hope to have the sweater done by tomorrow night. The sleeves are a bit large for my liking but I'm sure they will be fine. At least you can put a shirt on the doll under it where most sweaters only allow for sleeveless tops. 
One thing I am learning about my knitting is I knit tighter in the round than I do back and forth. I upped the needles by one size for the sleeves of the sweater and there is no change in gauge. 

Today

I am going to be cleaning up the basement and start painting the doors and windows in the sewing room. I will be knitting in the evening. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment