Thursday, April 18, 2019

Moving At A Fast Pace

After a couple of days of cool wet weather, we are back to sunshine and warmer days. Easter weekend will see temperature up to 18C with sunshine and maybe a shower or two. 

Lifestyle

Things are moving fast here. The contractor has finished boarding the walls in the basement and the mudder will be here this weekend to do his magic. 
The Spousal Unit and I headed out about paint and the store we got the color from does not know what is going on with our formula. After some poor customer service, we got the head paint lady and she gave me a copy of the formula. We were frustrated when we left. I will be trying another store today.
Once I settled down, I remembered the sample pot in the garage. I hauled it out. Then, I took a picture of the other can of paint with the same formula on it. My biggest score was finding some drywall with the paint on it. I'm ready to try the contractor's hardware store. 
Today I will be heading out to do paint, moulding choice, return flooring samples and a bit of shopping. 

Health

I'm down 24.6 lbs total with a 1.8 lb loss this week. I'm aiming for 25 lbs next week. I have also lost 10% of my body weight which is one goal met this month. The other goal for the month was 25 lbs. If met, I will have to set my goals for May. I'm finding having small goals helps me be successful. 

Sewing

I have one pattern printed, cut out and traced onto freezer paper. I won't do another one until tomorrow at the earliest. Too busy in our house. 
I looked at fabric storage ideas for the sewing room and have decided to see if using a large cube and their fabric containers will work. It's portable which is what I want. 

Knitting

Frustration hit when doing a test pattern. The designer must knit looser than me and my choice of yarn is not a good match. Though it is a 3 weight (DK/Sport), it is not knitting to gauge. When I knit it using the recommended needles, it kind of fit Emilia. 
When I put it on to the American Girl doll, it was too small. 
It is suppose to be oversized. I have tried the yarn using the recommended needles on the yarn wrapper and I think it's still too small. Up to 5 mm needles and I'm still not sure. The yarn's twist is funny so I've put it away and using Astra. I will buy a ball of DK Joy also and decided after I've swatched both yarns. 

Today

I'm off to the city to do a bunch of things. It is going to be a long day for me as I have to go into 3 communities. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment