Thursday, April 11, 2019

Drying Out

It has been quite the weather in our area. On Monday night, we saw it start to snow and by Tuesday morning, we had almost 4" on the ground. Yesterday, we had another inch fall and today there are a few flakes falling. 

Lifestyle

The basement has been torn out and has the fans going to finish drying it out. 
They only removed 2 feet of the gyproc to see how much damage was done. Minimal, which is great. The dehumidifiers and fans are running to finish drying out the dampness that was behind the gyproc.  
The items that got damp have been evaluated and what needs to be dealt with is gone to the warehouse. It seems as if only 2 items will need to be replaced; a desk and a piece of electronics. For that, we are grateful. 

Health

We are trying to eat healthy each day. I am monitoring portion control. Daughter-in-law is amazing with her cooking. With all that happened, I maintained this week and I am happy about that. I am proud of myself because I walked and talked myself out of binging on chocolate yesterday. I kept saying I did not need it as this was just a stress thing. 

Sewing

No sewing but the room has had all the flooring removed, the bottom 2 feet of the walls removed and is drying out. We are thinking about cabinets for storage in that room. I will have to decide as a plug in will have to be raised. 

Knitting

I did knit a dress for Emilia. There was enough yarn left over from a lilac sweater I knit for her. I still have buttons to buy for the dress and the capelet which I can start today. 
Once I finish the capelet, I need to knit grandson's socks. I'm down to one project at a time right now. It's too much packing two projects back and forth between houses. 

Today

I am going to clean more of the house while we wait for the a person to come and check the freezer later this afternoon. We are not sure when the fellow comes back to check the dampness or lack of in the basement. We have to wait and see. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment