Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Another Project Almost Completed

After several lovely sunny days (with cool winds), we are now having rain. It is suppose to be heavy at times as the storm passes over us. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we got our hair cut and then spent the afternoon at home. The Spousal Unit was tired but perked up after he ate dinner. I wonder if he had low blood sugar. Or if he slept poorer than he thought as the house was warm the night before. 
With all the sun shining in the house was warm last night so I opened one of the bedroom windows to cool the room down. I knew I would hear the rain if it came in earlier than forecasted. It was nice to sleep in a cool room. 

Health

I am not sure if I will weigh in tonight as we will be in Halifax this afternoon. DH has to see the hematologist at 1 p.m. My weight is holding its own even after I had one bad day. I have eaten properly 80% of the time this week. I try for 90% each week and am usually successful. I had chocolate and it is a trigger food for me. Done with chocolate for a long time now. 

Sewing

I worked on the western shirt yesterday and the first cuff went on perfectly. The second cuff didn't want to cooperate and had to be sewn on twice. They are done.
Hem, buttonholes, and buttons and I'm done. It is quite cute. 
I cut out the pattern I drafted from a piece of rayon that was given to me. I think there is about 1/3 meter of scraps. I got the shoulder seams sewn when I quit for the day. 
The fabric is a bugger to cut out but is nice to sew. I used a size 12 microtex needle in the machine. 
The lining for the bodice is cut out and ready to sew the shoulder seams. I'm doing a series of photos for a tutorial on a new way (to me) to sew a lined bodice. 

Knitting

I finished part 1 of the mystery knit along. 
It is a cute pattern but very basic. One lady finished hers and the skirt is an A-line. I wondered if I would have enough yarn but learned it will be close. I can see this dress with a lacy sweater, of which I have a pattern for. 

Today

I'm going to have to drive to Halifax before lunch and am nervous as it's my first time driving into the city alone. I have a good idea of where to go but am giving myself lots of time. At least it isn't during rush hour traffic. I want to do a bit of house work before we go. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment