Monday, April 29, 2019

Moving Forward -Flooring is Next

Saturday was another very wet day with an inch of rain falling during the day. In actual fact, 1/4" fell in 10 minutes. There was thunder and lightening both in the early morning and around dinner time. 

Lifestyle

The basement is completely painted. I finished up the doors yesterday afternoon. The contractor did the front entrance and it is light and airy. We now wait for flooring to be installed. 
We were out on Saturday and the basement stayed dry. It was a huge relief to come home to a dry basement. Especially since it was nearly ready for flooring. 
We are at the point where I can start cleaning the house. At least what I can reach. I will be starting in the basement and moving upstairs. The floors down there need a good vacuuming, the bathroom floor needs to be scrubbed, windows washed and then I can start up the stairs to the main floor. I am tired of the dust. It is everywhere. 

Health

My body and I are fighting right now. I'm trying to eat carefully but am hungry most of the time. I can't tell if it's stress or real hunger. Or if I am at a plateau as I lost 4.8 lbs this month. I've really struggled so am hoping to maintain this week. 

Sewing

I have been deciding on how I am going to deal with my stash. The past few days it has been preying on my mind. To the point that I had to really think seriously about it. I'm thinking about putting one doll, one garment, and one craft fabric on the sewing table and sew it up. Repeat. 

  1. Doll Clothes -- use a pattern I like and sew it up. If a dress, try to add panties to the outfit. 
  2. Garment - pull out one piece of fabric and pattern and sew it up. If too small, hang in our extra closet and wear it when I get to that size. I'm not thinking real small but smaller. 
  3. Craft - pull out one piece of fabric and sew it up. It could be just Christmas napkins. Store in a tub for future reference. 
I really need to work on the stash and get it sewn down so I don't need to buy a unit for storage. All I want is a dresser to put fabric into. Enough for one or two projects. 

Knitting

I finished up the lavender dress by knitting the belt and putting beads on the fringe. 
I love the collar and will be enlarging it to finish another project. 
I will sew panties for this dress and sell it. 
I also finished up the sweater set I tested. It is a cute test and will be in the rotation next winter. 
It too will be sold with a pair of leggings.
I knit another capelet this time for the AG doll. The neck and bottom are in white and the body is lavender. This capelet fits a bit big around the neck of the doll so I am going to knit the collar from the lavender dress to go around the neckline. I will sew it on. I will buy the lavender buttons for the front to keep it simple. 

First Doll Outfit In the Sewing Room

As I was wanting to use up the lavender yarn I built an outfit around it in my mind. 
  • Lavender capelet with white trim and white lacy collar sewn onto it. 
  • Lavender and white polka print dress. It will be sleeveless with a full skirt. 
  • Underwear in white which is in the stash somewhere. 
This I will sell as I know it will be quite cute. I will be putting it into my sell tub when done. Emilia's might be sold also. 
Emilia's outfit. The fabric will be the left over piece for the AG dress. 

Today

We are doing some shopping locally and then I need to do laundry and start washing the basement windows. Moving forward to cleaning up the basement in preparation to cleaning upstairs. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment