Sunday, April 14, 2019

Are We Dry Enough To Be Certified?

We have had 3 warm days with highs of 15C. Yesterday it rained but was still warm. We really are enjoying the weather. Hopefully spring is here. 

Lifestyle

We checked the basement early on Friday and found the insulation ranged from damp to soaking wet. Some of the insulation was behind the plastic barrier. We were really upset about that and made some big demands. In the end, all the insulation was removed at the 2 foot level. The basement is drying out nicely and we hope that it will be certified dry on Monday. 
Yesterday the Spousal Unit and I went look for a new belt and buckle for him. It has to be western. We headed down to Hammond's Plain to a western shop. Did not know they were selling out all but a tack. Wasted trip. We stopped in Falmouth and they had some but not what we wanted in buckles or size in belts. So we went to Coldbrook. A trip to Scotia Gold and the book store usually get us in the right mood. At Scotia Gold, we found the buckle and belts will be in after Easter. We headed to their greenhouse and was wowed by their stock. Going back there soon. I found this cute cat made out of wood and he now sits on our stairs.
I'm going back for a second one and hopefully one for a gift. Books were bought at the bookstore and we felt it turned out to be a good day.

Sewing

Though I can sew, I can certainly spend some time learning. A lady I met on the internet (Joan) did this video and it is awesome. I have the tag and the freezer paper so I am going to start getting patterns ready to cut out. If I do one a day, I could have 15+ patterns ready to sew. 
I like how Joan stores her patterns but I would love to use a filing system. I will see what I can do as I have lots of file folders that are accordion sided. I will be doing this with the patterns I drafted. 
I found the tag and the paper for the printer with minimal moving of stuff in the sewing room. 
After getting grandson's pants hemmed, I found the bees wax I use on the thread by accident. It was in a bag in our closet. I'm itching to sew so am looking for things to do. Even if just finding my stuff. 

Knitting

I finished the capelet and got the buttons for the both. Emilia was a perfect model. 
I am ready to test a dress for a designer. It is the 5th item in a collection she submitted and had broken apart. I'm looking forward to that. 
Once home, I can knit on two projects. I can get back to grandson's socks. 

Today

I have been doing some housework. I cleaned our bedroom, got the dishwasher started, the steps up to the main part cleaned, and laundry done. What's been exciting is having the back door open and letting in the lovely warm air. 
Son was over and the surround sound wire has been put in. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment