Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Progressing Through the Projects In The Sewing Room

It is clear and cool this morning and we are to get heavy rains tomorrow. Hopefully today will be warm and sunny. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I washed the living room windows. The insides are clean as are the bottom outsides. I can open them up and tip them in to wash the outside section. Just need to wash the tops windows when it is warmer. That requires me hanging off a ladder. 
While sewing, I watched "Call the Midwife". It is back again and I enjoy the show very much. I record it to watch during the day. 

Sewing

I finished the spring dress and sweater yesterday morning. I'm very pleased with it. 
I love sewing this pattern done by a friend when I need a break from other sewing. The goal of this dress was to sew it from .25 meter of fabric. I also wanted to try out the new technique I learned to sew the side seams easier. Mission accomplished. The next version is to add a pleated or high-low skirt. 
I got the second sleeve in the western shirt. I sewed the collar into the sleeve and had to rip out a section. Other than that, it was fairly easy to install. 
I'm going to pinch out about 1/2" from the sleeve cap as it is a bit big for the armhole. 
Lastly, I drafted a summer top for the dolls. I will be sewing them up starting tomorrow. 
I started off with the American Girl doll size when I was doing Pattern Academy. I was learning how to do a flared skirt and thought it should work on a bodice. 
With the first one done, I thought about what I wanted to do with the Gotz doll pattern. I made the skirt longer and placed the slashes further apart. 
My next purchase is digitizing software so I can start making my patterns. After that, I will have to write the instructions. 
I have to say, I left the sewing room pleased with the day's accomplishments. And the room is still tidy. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and I do love the pattern. It has become a go to pattern for the dolls. 
I want to find the same color in a fingering weight yarn to make a bolero for this outfit. The left over yarn will be used up as I have .75 meter of the fabric left. 
The Gotz doll thread on Ravelry is having a mystery knit along. We were told the weight of yarn and this was our choice. I got the first third of the mystery -- half of the dress. It will be knit in the pumpkin colored yarn. I will cast on tonight. 
I knit on grandson's socks and both socks are ready to knit in the round to the toe. Hopefully they will be done by the weekend. 

Today

We are out for haircuts and then home to sew. I want to try and finish the western shirt today. I will take breaks to cut out the doll's patterns. But the goal is to finish the shirt. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment