Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Shortest Day is the Warmest Day

Our weather has been quite unusual. On Thursday, we had a high of 4C with sunshine. Overnight, it got to -6C and yesterday we saw the temperature rise all day. This morning it is 14C, windy and rainy. The snow is gone and all is wet. 

Lifestyle

Thursday, grandson and I went to Bedford to shop. We went to Pete's, a grocery that imports interesting things. Grandson got a few items he wanted and I got him raisins for his snack. Then it was off for a quick trip to Fabricville to get the fleece for his birthday blanket and some items for sewing. Onto to Walmart and finally Michaels. We had lunch at Subway and then home. 
Yesterday, the Spousal Unit and I headed to New Minas to have the tires checked on the car. One of the tires said it was having an issue. In the end, all 4 tires needed to be inflated as the tech didn't put enough air in them when they were rotated. We got a few items and headed home.
At home, laundry was done, items packed for our trip, and a run made into town to pick up and deliver a gift. In all, our shortest day was a very busy one. 

Sewing

I got more lime green cord for the next frog bag, piping for the triangle pocket grocery bag, some snaps, and the fleece for grandson's birthday blanket. He chose black on one side and cream on the other. This blanket is 80" long and I will set it up in January to work on a bit each day. 
I have some ironing to do and then will unplug everything in the basement. 
For the dolls, I bought a inflatable snow ring. I usually do not buy accessories as they are bulky and hard to store. But this is an easy one. 

I have plans on making a snowsuit and this will be cute when I photograph it. 

Knitting

I have worked on the scarf and it isn't twisted this time. I spent quite a bit of time making sure all the stitches were going in the same direction when I started knitting in the round. 
This scarf is an easy knit. Thirty stitches out of the 200 are in lace, the rest are knit. I usually knit 4-6 rows a night on it. I hope it can be finished by the end of January. 

Today

I have to finish laundry, finish packing, get my meds from the pharmacy, and be prepared to leave very early tomorrow morning. We are almost ready to go and I'd like to be ready just after lunch. 
I won't be posting until we get back. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment