Sunday, December 02, 2018

Is The Chest Cold Winning?

Yesterday's weather was nondescript. You know, grey, unassuming, not too cold, not too warm. Today will be the same with maybe some rain this afternoon.

Lifestyle

We really enjoyed having grandson spend the night and morning with us. He is quite the kid to have around. He left at noon and we do miss him. 
After lunch I took the Spousal Unit out to the store and when I got home, I went to bed. I woke up an hour later with a full blown chest cold. It is the most annoying thing to have. 
When I woke up this morning, I coughed a lot, got up early, and was back in bed 90 minutes later. I slept for 30 minutes but need to go back for a while longer. I have absolutely no energy. And I alternate between hot and cold. I'm doing the worst day today. 

Sewing

I puttered in the sewing room yesterday playing with a reusable bag idea. I want to dress up a plain bag so it has a bit of class. I used a piece of very black cotton and took scraps of fabric and did this down the front. 
The center piece is 3" wide and each side is turned back 1/4" making this piece 2.5" wide. I cut the black and white dot fabric 1" wide folded it in half and tucked it under the center fabric so 1/4" shows. I did some basting and pinning and it's ready to sew down. I'll piddle around to make sure it looks good as I sew it down. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll sweater and have done the ribbing and 3 full patterns. When I'm ready to add the sleeves, I will have to redo them as they are wrong. It is totally my fault but I can knit them at the same time when redoing them. They will take two evenings to do. 

Today

I will do a bit of grocery shopping and spend time in bed. It is going to be mostly a nothing day as I fight this cold. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment