Saturday, December 01, 2018

It's December Already

It is December 1!
Found on Pinterest
Yesterday was another grey fall day but we had less wind and very little rain. The sun even shone in the afternoon. Today is cooler (-2C) and we could have some sun. 

Lifestyle

I am feeling much better after taking the second water pill. I lost another 1.5 lbs of fluid and it is amazing how I feel not lugging around that 4.5 lbs. I ate well and even planned for a hamburger for dinner. I am less tired and have more energy. Let's hope this keeps us. I know I will soon be loosing just excess weight but at the moment it's nice to know I'm not all over the board basic housework and cleaned the fridge. My goal is to do the basic housework each day and a bit of deeper cleaning. 
Grandson spent the night with us and we really enjoy having him. He is up listening to songs on his iPad until he eats his breakfast. 

Sewing

My sewing goal was to finish grandson's pajama bottoms. I serged the fronts and sewed them together. I was done in good time. When done, I even cleaned up the sewing room. I'm working on that habit and love leaving the room tidy. 
My next project is a reusable grocery bag for a lady who has asked. I have a plan to use up some scraps on it. All in black and white. 
After it is done, I am going to finish my grey t-shirt. I have to cut out new sleeves and put them in, sew up the side seams and hem. Not a lot to do. 

Knitting

I looked at the sweater and way back I made a mistake on row 4. I ripped it out and about 5 tries later, I got the first row of ribbing established. My plan is to knit the button holes at each front band and use one for a button hole and other for the button placement. 
I am going to put away some yarn and get out the yarn for my scarf. I want to start it later this week. I just need to admire the yarn for a few days before I start knitting. 

Today

It will be a quiet day with a bit of housework, some sewing and some knitting. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment