Thursday, December 13, 2018

Its Cold Out There

Yesterday was cool but sunny. At noon flurries started to fall and then it got heavier and steadier. The wind blew in from the north and it is cold and clear today. It is suppose to start warming up for a few days.

Lifestyle

I'm still improving. The cough is annoying but it has its value. I didn't nap yesterday and was out for almost an hour without feeling tired. 
I cleaned the master bedroom yesterday. Dusting, cleaning the floor and laundering all the bedding. It is nice to have one room clean. I hope to continue cleaning up the house a bit each day.

Sewing

The lady loves her bag. She would have chosen those fabrics. I am so happy that she loves it. 
I have seen this picture all over Pinterest. It is an outfit I loved at first sight. 
It so reminded me of a black watch skirt I made many many years ago. It was cut on the bias with no pleats and I wore a navy pullover sweater with it. I am wanting to make the dolls one skirt to look something like this using this pattern. 
I will make it a bit longer and cut the yoke on the bias. It should be a fun make. 
I am hemming pants for grandson as they are his Christmas present. I am hoping they will be done this afternoon. 

Knitting

I continued to knit on the doll's sweater yesterday and will need to buy more yarn for it. 
I have it still on two circular needles and will do so for several more row. It is easier to knit this way. The pattern is established enough that I can quickly see if I have made a mistake. 
This sweater will have small pewter colored button on it and will be paired with the plaid skirt. The doll can wear black tights and grey boots for a festive Christmas look. 

Today

I have more laundry to do and would love to clean the bathroom. I also need to work on our budget. It has been ditched due to illness and I need to get it done. The last item on the list is to finish hemming grandson's pants. A rather busy day. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment