Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Knitted Scarf Cast On

Yesterday was grey with snow and rain. The temperature hovered around 0C all day. Today the temperature is about the same and it is snowing out. The wind is blowing and it looks cold out there. A good day to stay in the house. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we had grandson with us. He played a bit outside and then was indoors until he went home. 
I baked cookies -- gingersnaps and most went home with grandson. 
In the afternoon, I had a nap. The power outage was routine management according to son. It was out for 2 hours and 40 minutes. I am hoping I am caught up now but that remains to be seen. 

Sewing

I'm hunting for ideas for the next doll's outfit. I have two shirts cut out and need to figure out what I want to go with them. Pants, leggings, skirts, sweaters are rolling in my head. Once they are done, I will be looking at ideas for inspiration. 
In January, I will have to test sew a pattern. Hopefully, it will bloom into a good idea. 
Two ideas that are tickling in my brain are

The yellow outfit is the same skirt as the one I just made. I will have to look for a new plaid for it. Leggings and t-shirt are in my pattern stash. Something will hit me and I can be off and running with this idea. 
The long plaid skirt is an easy one to make. I have the tulle for the bottom, the plaid for the skirt and I would probably knit a sweater to wear with it. The ideas are endless for this one. 
I also have a few ideas in my head for spring and summer. I am watching the market for doll clothes as it is very flat right now. I know the creative well fitting outfits are selling but they need to look outstanding. Even used doll sales are poor. Prices climbed up and people are not willing to pay new price for a used doll. 

Knitting

I started on the scarf for me. I am thrilled with it. 
Every other row, I knit 14 beads. I am using the clear ones I bought and will have to get another couple of vials for this scarf. It is an easy knit and I'm loving it. The beads give it a bit of bling but it isn't over the top. 
I have been commissioned to knit 5 messy bun hats for a group in BC. The yarn is chosen for 3 of them. I hope to pick up one skein to do a test run on the hat. My over the Christmas knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment