Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Reusable Bag Completed

We are having a bit of a cold spell at the moment. The weather is sunny which is nice. Today we are to see flurries as we are heading towards some warmer weather. 

Lifestyle

I am on the uphill swing with this cold. I am still coughing but am feeling a lot better. I am thinking ahead rather than in the moment. And happy to be doing so.
The Spousal Unit, on the other hand, has this horrid cold. He is feeling miserable and cranky. He's the one thinking in the moment. 

Sewing

I mustered enough energy to finish the reusable grocery bag. It was a case of push coming to shove to see if I got it done. I was weaker than I thought I was. 
I took my time with the lining to make sure it fit perfectly. In the end, it turned out quite nice. It is off to its new owner today. 

Knitting

I unknit the two rows of the doll's sweater. What a huge job to get 2 rows unknit. I had hand cramps due to the fact the stitches were crammed onto the needle in places. 
Once I established I had all the stitches I did what a lady told me to do. I knit the first front and half of the first sleeve onto circular needle #2. Then I knit the second half of the sleeve, the back and half of the second sleeve onto circular needle #1. The other half of the sleeve and the second front went onto circular needle #2. It's a bit of puzzle getting the parts onto the right needle when knitting but it is so much easier to knit. The sleeves bend in half and float over the 6 cast off stitches in the main body. 
I'll take a picture of it as it's quite the site to see. 

Today

We are getting new heat pumps put in so I have to rush to shower, have breakfast and move furniture around. I also need to turn on the electric baseboard heat so we stay warm today.  
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment