Saturday, December 15, 2018

Shopping Successes and Failures

Yesterday it was cooler with a wake up temperature of -12C. On the positive side, the sun is shining and there is very little wind. By mid afternoon, it was +3C. This morning it is 4C and we are to see a high of 6C. 

Lifestyle

We are both getting better. I am still coughing more than I like but it is what it is. The Spousal Unit had a good sleep for two afternoons and it helped him a lot. He will be over his cold soon. 
Thursday was more housework and budget. The guest room is 3/4 cleaned, the bathroom done, and some floors swept. Even laundry was done. 
Yesterday I went to Dartmouth to do some shopping. It is getting busy. My next trip will be to New Minas so I can finish up and have the car checked. Hopefully, I will be done Monday except for a few groceries.

Sewing

Grandson's pants are hemmed. I stuck with it until I got them done. Now I can start wrapping presents. 
After I cleaned up from hemming, I looked for the plaid fabric for the doll's skirt. I found it but I don't have enough. I bought this piece.
I have the pattern I want to use and can make it in an afternoon. Hmmmmm, maybe this afternoon.

Knitting

I knit away until I ran out of yarn. 
One of my stops was to get more yarn and they no longer carry this color in the store. Online buying only. I am unraveling one of the doll's sweaters and got the sweater ready to sew together today. 
On a positive note -- this is one beautiful pattern to knit.   

Today

The goal is to wrap presents. I would love to sew on the doll's skirt and try to finish up the sweater. How much will I get done? I may have overflow to Sunday. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment