Friday, November 30, 2018

New Medication

Yesterday we had a nor-easter and it was a wild one. The winds were howling and snow/rain fell most of the day. Over 200 000 people were without power yesterday morning. We had our power for which we were thankful for. Today is cloudy with wind but nothing like yesterday.

Lifestyle

I took my first water pill yesterday and ate carefully. This morning I am down 3 lbs, most of which will be water. My hands are not as puffy (I thought they were fine but they weren't) and my legs and ankles are much better also. I didn't realize I had so much fluid on me. I do feel better overall. 
This fluid retention started back when we lived in Kamloops. It wasn't much but it was there. I'm wondering if it will affect my thyroid medication. We shall see. 
I also watched what I ate yesterday. I'm trying to eat less points to help the weight come off easier. Not sure how this will work. 
I did a quick clean up of the house as I had to be out to get more medications and return books to the library. 

Sewing

I did not do any sewing at all yesterday but took a nap instead (wind kept me awake during the night). I have to finish up grandson's pajama bottoms and then make a reusable grocery bag. That will be another 1.1 meters out of the stash. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater in the afternoon and evening. It is coming along. We are starting to make suggestions to the designer. 

Today

I have been busy with cleaning this morning and am ready to head down to the sewing room and sew in the afternoon. We pick up grandson and he is spending the night with us. 
Until the next time...........................

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to read that you are feeling better today.Monitoring and documenting your daily intake is a good thing. Also, is a good idea to document how you are feeling everyday so that on your next physician visit you can discuss anything that seems off.

    ReplyDelete