Wednesday, August 01, 2018

A Quick Wall Hanging Idea

We continue to be under a heat warning and it has been warm. This morning we got a break with it being 15C. There is even mist/fog in the field near our house. I stood on the deck and breathed in the cool air while Elliott ate his grass. 

Lifestyle

The garden is growing fast. I took a walk around last night and the grape tomatoes are starting to ripen, beets are ready to pull and grandson can pick beans later this morning. The leeks and onions are coming along. The cucumbers and watermelon are the best we have seen. No powdery mildew on them and the leaves are green and healthy. We will be enjoying the produce!
We have someone coming to give us a quote on our front porch and deck at the back. We plan on putting in dura decking in brown and white railings. A lot of people in our are have been staining their decks this summer and it is a lot of work. We are looking at simple and easy and this is the route to go. 
Inside will also get a makeover. The big budget items are new heat pumps and a redo of the bathroom. Small ticket items is painting, new moulding/baseboards and fun decorating in a farm house look. I'm buying a few pieces and using what we have already. I have this already.


My biggest issue is paint color. Everything I like in the store looks dirty in the house. Or too yellow. I am still on the prowl for more paint chips and will be getting them over the next couple of weeks. 

Sewing

I finished the doll's t-shirt and it looks okay on my doll. No pictures as I have to finish dressing her. I did learn that I will have to starch the pieces prior to sewing them, use fusible interfacing on the neck and hems and sew slowly. 
I have started the next pattern testing project. After I got the pleats sewn in the front, I spotted a mark on the fabric. As it is a test item, I will not be able to sell it due to the mark. Oh well. The pattern is unusual but I will report on that later. 
While shopping for artificial flowers for the house, I got a painter's canvas. 
It is 16 x 20" and will become a wall hanging. As I bought it, I hoped that the fabric of choice would fit. I knew I could do it either horizontal or vertical. It works the way it sits -- 20" tall. 
The fabric is laid on the canvas and I just need to cut it, finish the edges and staple it on. I will be putting this up for Christmas this year. As it isn't Christmasy, I can leave it up for a couple of months. There are red cardinals in our neck of the woods. This is the piece that I will work my winter theme around. 
The doll's western outfit is coming along in my head. I will use up the blue print I chose for the test pattern. It goes well with the navy chambray I have. I am deciding on the belt as it needs to be brown to go with the boots. 

Knitting

I tried to knit but the house is too warm in the evenings. The a/c works hard to keep the house at 23.5C. I will start again when it cools off a bit or we get the larger heat pumps put in. 

Today

I am hoping to finish the test pattern and do a bit of housework. Grandson will be over to pick beans this afternoon. Nothing huge outside as it is to be hot today. Getting ready for the long weekend.
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment