Sunday, August 19, 2018

Preparing For Fall

It was cool and wet yesterday. We are grateful for the this as we really needed it. 
At 6:00 p.m.
In the late afternoon, there were children playing on a trampoline in the rain. They really needed to burn off some energy. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was the perfect day to do crafts. We had to go out in the morning to the butcher shop and afterwards we went looking and talking about our deck. I hit the craft store and got part of the materials to be busy for part of the afternoon.
Here is what I got bought:
  • 1 pkg of 2 artist canvas that were on sale for $8.00
  • black Folk Art paint 3.29 less 50% (coupon)
The value pack I chose was a great one for this project. I opened one canvas and proceeded to paint it black using a foam brush.
I did the edges also. 
Repeat for 2nd canvas. I have a bit of touch up to do along the edges but I am thrilled with how they look. 
I covered both the washer and dryer with plastic. The Spousal Unit was doing another project on the dryer. 
He sanded the crate while I painted. I wasn't worried about dust on the canvases as they will add a bit of texture to the wall hangings. Once sanded, he stained the outside of the crate. 
It's done and he will stain the inside on our next go round of crafts. It was fun doing this together in the garage while it was raining. 
The canvases will get touched up this afternoon and, hopefully, the Spousal Unit will stain the inside of the crate. I am looking forward to seeing the end result of these projects. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment