Saturday, August 04, 2018

Soup Up The Sewing Room

Yesterday was another humid hot day. To the point I was exhausted by mid afternoon and in bed by 7:3 p.m. Lucky us, it continues on with this kind of weather. 

Lifestyle

I will be putting up a second post on the Shand House as grandson and I toured it yesterday morning. Amazing home that only had 4 people live in it for 90 years before it was willed to the province to be a museum. 
In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit and I headed to New Minas to get some paint samples. I have three different paint samples and when I put them on the wall, I will have to do 3 coats to get rid of the present wall color. Amazing how it affects the color of the paint on the first coat. I will be putting on two coats of primer prior to putting on the color. 

The Sewing Room

With September being Soup Up Your Sewing Room at Stitcher Guild, I will be spending some time fixing mine up. 
The sewing room in this house is large; about 14 x 25'. It is painted a dark sand color which has a lot of yellow and brown in a dark base. I actually hate the color as it sucks all the light and life out of the room. 
When we moved in it was hard to visualize what this room would look like down the road. It had potential in my eyes; 
two windows and a good size closet.
I love how the closet is painted white and the doors are my favorite style. 
And the wall by the door. Perfect area for thinking. 
The room is loaded with mainly white furniture, a large shelving unit for my fabric and an old corner desk. It is a blend of new and old and I want to bring the farmhouse look to this room. 
To start sprucing up this room, I am going to remove all the trim and baseboards. They will be replaced with plain no frills trim. Easy to clean which is important to me. The ceilings will be painted white and the walls will be off white (Spun Wool is the leader right now). 
I will bring in color afterwards. At first I had thought of doing the room red, black, and grey which bordered on winter. Red cardinals were the inspiration. 
I am moving away from that as it could be too dark in the sewing room. And it does not go well with all the room's decor. Instead, I will bring in a softer color scheme. I have to look for the fabric I want to use and pictures I want to hang. This room is actually speaking to me where it wasn't when I did my first planning of the room. I am feeling that I am making progress in changing our home to be ours; something that is very important to us. 

Today

I have to finish the doll's dress this morning. At noon we are heading out to the Avon River Day's parade and I want to take grandson to the bouncy castles in the afternoon for a bit of fun. The Spousal Unit, Son and grandson are going to look at antique tractors this morning. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment