Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Inspiration - Mom's Little Pot

This morning is a cool 12C and the fog is thick. Love the coolness as we are suppose to be warmer today. Not hot thank goodness. 

Lifestyle

Though I am struggling with tiredness, I am pushing myself forward to get things done. The laundry is done and the house is tidy. I pick and poke when I have the energy so progress is slow.
We had another contractor arrive yesterday to give us a quote on the front step and deck. He enlightened us on several things here in Nova Scotia. We may be removing the deck boards and railing from the back deck and the boards from the front. It helps us get the crew in quicker as we turn a 3-4 day job into a 2 day job. 
Daughter found a cute table on Facebook that was located about a 6 minute drive from our house. I went and had a look at it and bought it cheap. 
This is a project that we will enjoy. The legs need to come off (unscrew) and the paint removed. We will tighten it up again and I will paint it using milk paint. The idea is to put it up by the closet door. 
And hang something on the wall above it. 
I will figure out where to put the crock. 
As you can see, I bought leaves for the canvases I painted black. It took a while to get the two I wanted and I may need another garland for outside. 
I wanted more of the reds for this project. There will be enough of the orange that I can use this on the bottom shelf. 
And I have one more idea up my sleeve for the fall decorations in the house. 

Sewing

My goal was to have Grandson's clothes hemmed by last week. I finished yesterday and I am pleased with the results. I am sure I will be letting down what I put up before school is ended. It may start over Christmas holidays as this kid is growing. 
As I sat and hand stitched, I kept looking at the paint on the walls. I looked and looked and where I thought I was going wasn't talking to me. Alabaster was too light and Glacier Valley was too yellow. My eye kept traveling back to one of the grays. I took my eyes off the wall and was looking at the bookshelf when wham, I saw what I was looking for as an inspiration piece. 
This little pot belonged to my mom. I have had it since 2005 and have placed it in our house whether it fit in or not. I just like it. When I looked at it yesterday I saw the floor colors and the grey we can use in this house. Yes, the two darker colors are on the wall and when I put the pot against them, it worked. I will get the lightest color and do a swatch on the wall. I am over the moon. The Spousal Unit is happy as it is the gray he wanted all along. He kept pointing to it when we were making decisions. Now to choose some accent colors for the sewing room. 
I will be back to pattern testing as soon as possible. I have said I will do a 1757 outfit. Not only that, I have to do underpinnings so the outfit looks historically correct. I will be busy. 

Today

Grandson and I are going to the museum in Mt. Uniack. This may be the last one we go to this summer. Starting in September, the Spousal Unit and I will be doing other traveling in the province to revisit some spots we were to last fall. 
Until the next time........................

1 comment:

  1. Ann. I know you've said you did the Keto diet for a while. A doctor told me he thought it might work well for me. Did you like it? If so why, if not why not? Did it work for you? If you want, you can email me at L Anderso at sonic dot net. No spaces of course. Thanks for any help! BTW love the pot! And the colors you've decided on! May steal those. I've been wanting to paint my bathroom in grey, and couldn't decide.

    ReplyDelete