Monday, August 13, 2018

Primer to the Rescue

Yesterday was a lovely cool morning with low humidity. There was very little dew; much like living in Kamloops and Ashcroft. Unfortunately, the humidity rose during the day and I suffered for it. This morning is 13C and the humidity is where it is suppose to be -- 90%. Maybe I will do better today. 

Lifestyle

I texted Daughter and read Facebook yesterday. They had a heavy rainstorm on Saturday afternoon and there are mudslides everywhere. Most of the roads were closed due to the mudslides. The mudslides are due to no vegetation growth as it was burnt off last summer in the big fires. It is not unusual for the area to get this type of rain storm in August with very little damage being done. But, without the vegetation, it was almost a state of emergency. 
The Spousal Unit found me some clear wood in his pile, sanded it and let me stain a piece. The wood will frame the cardinal picture I am making. Once I am happy, he can stain the pieces and the crate for me. The crate will need to be lined with some plastic so I can stack 3 or 4 pumpkins in it when I place it outside. I would love to put wheels on the crate to keep it off the deck. 

Sewing

I put one coat of primer on the wall in the sewing room. A lot of the dark paint showed through. (So did the color samples.) 
This is not unusual as the paint is dark. After lunch I did a second coat of primer and so much better. 
I can try out 3 different colors now. But the most amazing part is how bright that area of the room looks. Both of us commented on the brightness. The room is on the east side of the house. 
Between the coats of primer, I sewed the hems on one pair of slacks for Grandson. The second pair has the hem on one leg basted in place. My hand started to cramp up so I quit. 

Today

Grandson and I are going to Haliburton House to see the hockey display. It is said that hockey was started in Windsor, NS. We will look at the rest of the house as Judge Haliburton was a author of the Clockmaker series and a great political figure in pre-Confederation Nova Scotia. The house was built circa 1836. 
I am hoping to hem the 2nd pair of slacks and get 1 coat of paint on the wall. We continue testing for a color we like. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment