Thursday, August 02, 2018

Crafting Ideas

Yesterday was another very warm day. The high got to 31C with a humidex of 35-38C. Our saving factor has been cooler mornings the past two days. The heat continues on for the next week. 

Lifestyle

The contractor come about the deck last night and we were impressed with him. I will be painting the wood to match the deck using a solid stain. We are looking forward to having it done. I have also been looking at ideas for decorating this fall. Am I looking for those crisp cool days? I think so. 
Two other ideas include
 I am thinking of painting the crate in an ivory/off white color to preserve it from the elements. 
The leaf tree could be on the side where there is a plug in. And I can find tomato cages quite easily and the lights are stored under the stairs. All these ideas came from Pinterest. 
We do not have a front porch so have to think of something smaller for front area. This idea can be perfect in one corner. I am going to start getting items next week to be ready. I can put all the fall decorations into the crate which is perfect. 
Inside the house, I will do flowers and a few small touches to bring that look into the house. 
I have an old coffee jar that is perfect for this. I can make a table topper to put under it using some rich fall colors. 
I have this pattern on the tetra drive and it can be found here. I see it coming to life for Christmas also. 

Sewing

I am hoping to finish the test pattern today. I had to leave it  mid afternoon when I was ready to hand sew. Once done, it will be back to 

  • Grey t-shirt for me and the dolls
  • Sweetgrass outfit for the dolls
  • Cardinal wall hanging
After that, I hope to sew a few household items plus another test pattern.

Today

I want to finish the test pattern today and prepare to start on the next projects. 
Until the next time.......................


No comments:

Post a Comment