Saturday, August 18, 2018

Do I Have What It Takes?

It has cooled off and starting to feel a bit like fall. This morning about 15 Canada geese flew low down our street. The first we have heard and seen. 

Lifestyle

I have been struggling to get much done. I gave in to feeling tired and have been doing what needs to be done and not much else. Blood tests were Thursday and doctor this coming Wednesday. I have a feeling my thyroid medication needs a boost. 
With fall coming, I am starting to worry about getting things done. I am still thinking paint colors for the sewing room. I am down to two -- Alabaster and Glacier Valley (Shiplap in Magnolia Paints). Alabaster reads too light so I am going to bite the bullet and do Glacier Valley. 
On top of it all, I want to crafts. I finished up one item and have an inch to cut off 4 stems of flowers and the second one will be done. A great feeling to have both for fall. 
On my list I have these items that I found on Pinterest (all pictures are from Pinterest). 
These wonderful jars are easy to do. Fairly cheap to make -- three jars, a leaf garland, and Modge Podge. I have the battery operated tea-lights in the stash. 
This one is a bit more expensive. I want to put it on an artist canvas which I will paint either black or a very dark green. A leaf garland and a hot glue gun will finish it off. I may ask the Spousal Unit to sand more wood so I can stain or paint it to give the canvas a finished look. 
I also want to make a table runner. The fabric will be chosen when I can get to the fabric store. What I want is a simple design to work with. And I can add pillows to carry the look into the living room portion the house. 
I am seeing the table runner fabrics with wooden buttons. 
One nice thing, these all work well for the farm house look I am striving to achieve. 
I want to host a dessert and love this idea. Instead of a cake, I will do cupcakes on a stand. No wood but I can add a pumpkin or two. This is a starting point which allowed my creative brain to think about what I could do. 
I want to get started on these items and am hoping I can do some each day. I will have to push myself until I see the doctor about my thyroid. 
My wish is to buy this clock for our house. I need to figure out where to put it. 

This Week

My week should be busy. I need to push myself to

  • shorten the sleeves on Grandson's blazer
  • sand and stain the crate for the front porch (fall theme)
  • begin to collect items for fall crafts
  • get ceiling paint for sewing room
We will see how far I get with this. 
Until the next time................................


No comments:

Post a Comment