Sunday, August 12, 2018

Primer and Hand Sewing

Thursday was a bit cooler and the skies opened up and dropped 3/4" of rain on us. It did help us feel cooler but not as much as we wanted. Friday and Saturday were warm and sunny. The mornings were delightful as the temperature dropped to 11C Saturday morning and 16C this morning. Lower humidity makes the days easier to deal with. 

Lifestyle

I finally had to give myself a lecture on being so down in the dumps with heat exhaustion. I am allowing myself to go out but also making myself drink more. The house is dark with the curtains closed (a bit depressing) and the a/c is running during the day. I am feeling better and back on track with my eating and drinking. A big YES!! And the fluid I retained is coming off. 
We headed out to New Minas yesterday to do our shopping. It was a busy trip but we got it done. I am trying to get a few items ready for fall and this is one I bought yesterday. 
The jar was 50% off and the filler was 25% off. There were enough pinecones left to fill the flower jar. 
They will be put away until mid September. 
I also bought primer to paint the test wall in the sewing room. I have become frustrated with the brown color interfering with the new color. I should have that done today. 
We had dinner with Son and family. It was suppose to be his famous burgers (yummy good) turned out to be pot roast I had in the oven. Daughter-in-law, grandson and I got potatoes, cucumbers, beans, leek, and tomatoes from the garden. We had one delicious dinner at their place with our food. It was a lot of fun doing this. I wish I had taken a picture of the produce but we were so excited I forgot to. 

Sewing

The sewing room got tidied up and the fabric is put away. I feel better about the room but it still needs more done to it. 
The test paint colors are on the wall and I am not fussy about any of them. 
I have to sand the area, prime it and try again. The closest one is near the light switch. Or maybe the middle one. And, I still have the grays to try out. And then, it may be back to the drawing board. I really want to paint this room soon. 
I have to hem grandson's dress pants and the sleeves on his blazer. Today is start day and I'd like them done by Tuesday. 
My t-shirt seems to be too big. I plan on finishing it and go from there. I am working on getting a TNT pattern so the first one is to work out the bugs and get to know the pattern. I am also learning new techniques which pleases me. 
The doll clothes will be lined up again. I have several items to sew and one is needed to do a test pattern. 

Today

Priming and hemming. I will be most of the day doing this. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment