Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Halloween Wall Hanging Completed

We are in the midst of another heat wave with temperatures spiking on Tuesday to 31C with a humidex of 35C. This morning, it is 23C with a humidex of 31C. The wind is warm making it unbearable outside at 6 a.m. Today will be another hot one. 

Lifestyle

Our main objective is to stay cool. A/C was on early in yesterday morning and went non stop all night. We do go out to do things but we want the house cool so neither one of us will suffer from heat exhaustion. We have to take care until Friday when it starts to cool off again. 

Sewing

I decided this afternoon to finish a project I started last October. I was told about the pattern the year before. All the customer said was to google Boo wall hanging. This is what I found when I did that. 
LinkHalloween Wall Hanging
I was so happy that it was an easy find and I put the link into the Craft Projects page. I will always be able to find it. 
I started the project after we got home from Nova Scotia and before our house sold. As it was stitching out, we got an offer on our house and sold it as the last O was stitched. I boxed it all up and packed it. 
Mid February I got the squares out and finished them and stitched out the ghosts. 
I was ready to finish up the wall hanging and I put it away.
Ready to be put together
I didn't want to use the Spanish hemfoot as my squares were not perfect in my mind. I did buy some plastic rings used for curtains and the project sat in its bag waiting for me to finish it. This afternoon was the time. 
I sewed the rings onto the backs and was happy with the results. I cut the button holes as I wanted to tie the ghosts on with spider buttons. That idea did not work. I spend the better part of an hour getting one button done. I finally used rings on the back of the button holes to hold the ribbon in place. Worked like a charm and I was done in less than 30 minutes. 
I have the fabric to make a purple one with orange or green letters on it. I am pleased with the final look and am sure someone will enjoy having it.
Next up -- underpinning for a doll who will be modeling a mid 1700's outfit. I need to focus on it and get it done. I'm feeling much better and the sewing room is calling me to work in it. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment