Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Exploring for Blueberries

It was a hot one yesterday. With the humidex, it got to 41C. We had a thunder storm around 4 p.m. and got a bit of rain. The temperature dropped some but it was very muggy. It is 29C this morning and it will be hot again today unless we get a good rain storm. 

Lifestyle

We decided to get blueberries yesterday and went out in the morning to Blueberry Acres. At first we thought about buying but everyone said you could pick 10 pounds in a half an hour so we went picking. You get a small bucket and board a bus and go to the field to pick. When you get off the bus, you are greeted, given a box and shown where you can pick. 
The blueberries were huge and fell into your bucket when you touched them. 
You don't move much while picking and the Spousal Unit and I picked 11.68 lbs off 4 bushes and one side only. 
Two bucket full in the box, 2 to go
When done, you get back on the bus, go back to the starting point and pay. This blueberry farm has a good 250 acres of high bush blueberries. All berries sold for eating are picked by hand and those used in juice are mechanically picked. 
We went into town to get a couple of items, have lunch and head home. The berries are frozen to eat later on. 

Sewing

The last pattern I tested is published. It is another nice pattern. 
The designer published it before everyone was done sewing. She wanted it ready in a week but it ended up being 2 weeks before she published it. 
The dress has a zipper in it which is nice. The only thing I would adjust is the width of the cuffs on the sleeve. I'd make them a bit wider so I could have a nice 1.4" to fold under. 
The other pattern I tested is still not published. I am looking forward to showing you that pattern as it is extremely well designed. 
I am going back to sewing my t-shirt and then will do a couple of items for the dolls. 

Today

I have laundry, some housework and sewing to do. I really don't want to be out with the heat wave we are still having. I need a day or two inside to cool off. 
Until the next time...................

No comments:

Post a Comment