Saturday, August 25, 2018

Fall Leaf Canvas

Yesterday was another lovely day that started off cool and ended up warm. I am enjoying the lovely weather, especially the cool mornings. 
With fall approaching sometime in September or maybe in October, I decided that I wanted a small fall theme for the house. The mood board was simple.
Truly Nova Scotia. I have been looking and posting ideas and thought I should get a project completed. 
While falling down the Pinterest hole I accidentally I came across this picture that had a good tutorial. Some of the pictures don't show up but I got the idea of what to do. 
Fall Leaf Canvas
You can buy black canvases but I didn't see them until yesterday and I started this project almost a week ago. So I painted a white canvas black last week. 
After playing with the leaves, I finished both of the wall hangings yesterday afternoon. I liked how the bottom leaves on the inspiration picture looked so I chose to use that part. After that, I laid down the leaves until I got a look I liked. After a lot of gluing with the glue gun I was done. 
A trick I picked up while doing the project was to spot glue the leaves down once I got the arrangement the way I liked it. Then I could glue away. I also glued the leaves over the edges if necessary. 
I have a bit more black canvas showing at the top than the inspiration piece. I do like the balance between the leaves and some black showing. They are hung up in the house for the time being. 
I have a pile of leaves left over so I need to think of another simple project. The leaves on the jar did not work the first go round so will try them again. I did more researching on that. 
I did shove a solar light into a jar to see how it looked with the glass beads in the bottom. 
The end result at 9 p.m. was perfect if a little blurry. I'll do a tutorial on them next. Super easy to do. They will be super nice to use most of the year. I will take them in during the winter months as we can get a lot of wind and snow. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment