Monday, February 26, 2018

What Makes it Snow

After a sunny start to yesterday, it ended with snow falling like crazy. There is about 2" or more on the ground this morning. I think I know the reason why we have snow. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has been busy cleaning up the garage. He has put the snowblower and snow shovels in the shed. 
Last weekend, we bought a BBQ and yesterday we started putting it together with the goal of carrying out 2 sections to the deck today. 
Now, you can see why it snowed.
The pain in my back is receding. I have done more stretching during the day to help with the pain and have kept up on the Advil. 

Sewing

Yesterday was a sewing day (except for the hour putting together the BBQ). I had a lot of fun sewing the peach leggings and t-shirt I had cut out. 
Kate's were sewn first and the pattern fits her perfectly. Anna sat and admired Kate's while I sewed the next two pairs.
One pair of leggings are for Anna and the other pair was requested for Laura. The is consensus that we make her a nice wardrobe to come home to. 

The girls felt like spring was arriving. 
Next up, I sewed Anna a t-shirt as I was trying out a free pattern. It fit like a dream. 
I may have to buy another pair of leggings to make more outfits from. The fabric sews and presses like a dream. 
There may be new sweaters in the making to go with this outfit. 
Left in the sewing tray is 2 white t-shirts and 3 pairs of peach colored denim jeans. A scrap of white fabric is ready to cut out a third t-shirt if necessary. 

Knitting

Thirteen rows and the black turtleneck will be knit. It was a hard knit yesterday as the house was dim when I was knitting. It went a bit better when night came and I had the lights on. Counting rows is awful. My eyes hate it. 
When the sweater is done, I want to knit more hats for the dolls. I need to knit 2 more grey newsboy caps and then see where I want to go from there. I need to look at patterns and yarn to see what I can make. 

Today

I have some housework to do, make a meat sauce, and sew on the doll's jeans. I am afraid I will run out of thread and will have to set them aside and sew on the white t-shirts. I do have the fleece out to make the blanket for Grandson. 
Until the next time..................

No comments:

Post a Comment