Tuesday, October 01, 2024

More Done

 Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 20C. This morning it is partly cloudy and 12C. Today is suppose to be mix of sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 19C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I rolled paint on the two walls in the spare bedroom. It looks splotchy and I keep saying it is suppose to with one coat of paint. The tan keeps showing through as it is darker than the grey. 

As I had paint left in the container I was using, I continued on and painted half of the door wall. I had to stop as the bed was in the way. 

The paint looks grey in this room as it is the darkest room in the house. The window faces north. But, it is brighter now than when it was tan. 

I have used up almost a gallon of paint in September. There isn't enough left to finish the bedroom. I am pleased with what I got done in September. 

My hip wasn't too bad while painting but it did get sore in the evening. I had a hard time settling down to sleep. I got about 4 cracks in my back at 10:30 pm and then a crack at midnight. That one was my SI joint seating properly. I slept after that as the pain was almost gone. 

Sewing

I worked on the Swedish dress yesterday. I got the second ruffle in after an hour. I took a break and looked in the stash. I want to make a gift basket to see if how much I can get into them. The fabric I wanted to use would have been for daughter. Not enough for the basket but enough of it and other pieces to make a gift bag. I did a dig and found two pieces I can use to make the basket. 

Break time was over and I needed to finish the princess seams on the dress (zig zag) and serge the back seam. I then put the bias strip on the neckline and sewed it down. Done for the day. 

There isn't a lot left to do. Serge the side seams, sew on the arm hole bias strips, sew side seams, turn back seam in, hem, and add snaps. A longer afternoon's sewing. 

I did take a picture of the bias cut dress. 

The dress is okay and does hang a bit nicer than if it was on the straight of the grain. It wasn't a wasted sew as I did learn a lot about cutting out items and sewing them on the bias. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks and got the first one finished. I hate the toe.


It is too pointy and narrow. I am going to rip it out and start again. I think I have the formula to make it more rounded. Tonight's project. 

Thoughts

    We had a nicer September than I thought we would. No hurricanes came our way though we did have one good rainfall from a tropical storm. It was nice not to have to rush around and put things away in a hurry. I have one afternoon of small jobs to do -- BBQ away, table flipped over, two pots of flowers to empty and garlic to plant. 

    I am progressing with the painting slowly but surely. I am happy with how much I got done in September as I had a lot of other things to do; appointments, garden, and cooking/freezing. October has less appointments but I need to spend some time cleaning the house. I have let it go with painting and all the pain I had with the flare up in my hip. 

    I have been very careful with my eating for 4 days now. I am hoping to get what I gained gone by the beginning of February. I haven't had an IBS attack for quite a while as I am working on relaxing and monitoring what I eat. I will keep working on being healthy. This is very important to me. 

Today

I am out to New Minas with daughter-in-law this morning. My big purchase is to buy another gallon of paint. If we shop it will be for a few items I need. If not, I will have to get them tomorrow morning. This afternoon, I will try to finish the doll's dress to the snaps. Tonight I will unknit the sock's toe and start again with my formula. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment