Sunday, October 27, 2024

Mug Rugs Made

Yesterday was a mix of sunshine and clouds with a high of 14C. This morning it is 4C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 7C.

Lifestyle

My first job of the day was to do the balance sheet. I was done in no time flat and had everything cleaned up and put away. 

I decided to clean the kitchen yesterday and it turned out to be scrub the kitchen. I started out wiping cupboards, counter tops, and the sink. Then I scrubbed the sink. I wiped the side of the fridge and the Kerug and kettle. Then I got busy under the sink and scrubbed it out. That spot amazed me as I have less cleaning products under there than I have ever had. 

Once I had finished under the sink, I got really serious. I started wiping cupboard doors and then I got up on the ladder. The top of the cupboards were covered in a layer of sticky grime. I sprayed the top of the first cupboard and washed the wall while the cleaner worked. I then scrubbed the top of the cupboard. I was amazed at how much grime came off. I worked my way down the wall of cupboards wiping doors, spraying the top, washing the walls, scrubbing the top and then looking in the cupboard to see what needed doing. I finished that bank of cupboards including shining the dishwasher, microwave, and stove. I am going to say I was quite tired when done as had done much more than anticipated. I still have two cupboards left to do. The kitchen smells cleaner as I have removed dust and cooking orders. 

While I was scrubbing, I also got 2 loads of laundry done. It is sitting waiting for me to fold it. I will get it done later today or tomorrow. 

Sewing

I did make it down to the sewing room in the afternoon. I was looking for the fabrics for a doll's outfit and what I did I see? A tub with this and a piece of trim in it. 

I now have another empty tub as these items have been put into their correct tubs. 

I did find the fabric for the doll's outfit and it is sitting on the cutting table waiting for me to get out the patterns I need. I will be showing it later on.

I cut out 4 mug rugs using up most of the fabric I had left over from making a fabric box. The scraps are in the tub for the quilting group. 

I was able to embroider 2 of the mug rugs after looking for thread. 

I will have to change the colour of the thread for the other two a I don't have enough to finish the project. I am okay with that as I bag them in pairs. 

I also laundered the fabric for the table runner. I have 2.35 meters of it and I had better think of things to make using it up. Ideas for daughter's house. 

Knitting

I did not knit last night as I was very tired. 

Thoughts

    I was surprised at how clean my kitchen looked until I started scrubbing it. It was dirtier than I had thought it was. I am happy that I got most of the job completed. I did toss a few items into the trash and recycling bin. They was either empty or out of date. I need to remember that I should be deep cleaning that room more often than I have been. 

    I was also surprised at how little I hurt going up and down the ladder and standing on the third step. I did a lot of stretching while on the ladder which may have helped keep my muscles from tightening up. What is amazing is that my SI joint is barely bothering me. It will ache a bit when I get tired but it isn't aching when I do things. It is mainly the muscles that bother me. Progress is being made. 

    I have been doing a bit more reading lately. I have read two books that an internet friend has written. Though they are for younger readers they are good reads. I am thinking of borrowing a book that has been shown in Calm Nordic's videos. When I looked at those titles, I have to place a hold on them. Is there a bigger trend to living more minimally? I will need to choose a title soon and put the hold on it. I look forward to reading more about being more minimalist and to figure out what I still need to let go of. 

    I have to make a plan to clean the garage this week. Probably on Tuesday. I like to clean it up a lot before setting up for Halloween. I know what every day I choose, it will be cold in the garage. That is what happens when I do this job in the fall. 

    I have made a pretty firm decision to ask a lady not far from me if she would like the leather hides and the faux leather. She owns a shop and does sewing for it. If she wants to give me a credit to her store fine, if not I will just give the hides to her. I need to part company with them. They are holding me up to finishing purging the closet. It is time to move on in the clean up of the sewing room. 

Today

I am off this morning to the city with daughter-in-law. We are going to a craft bazaar to get yarn to finish grandson's grinch socks. I will probably buy another skein of yarn to make socks for me. Once home, I will probably knit on the grinch socks so they will be done. I hope to knit more on the wild socks also. No sewing as I am sure we won't be home early enough to do that job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment