Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Piping Made For Daughter

 Yesterday was another sunny and warm day with a high of 21C. This morning it is 8C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

My first job of the morning was to do the balance sheet. It was done and put away in less than 30 minutes. The only job I have to collect all the receipts and take them to be shredded. I have a box of that to go one day when I am in New Minas. 

I worked on the window yesterday and put on another coat of paint. It is done. I swept and mopped the floor space I could reach and moved the furniture into place. And moved it some more. I hung the curtains and am still deciding on if they stay or go. The dresser is back in the corner it use to be in when we first set up the room. 

The bed side table is on the far side of the bed and I do like it. 

The room is feeling heavy on the window side as that is where all the furniture is. I may have to use the table I was going to take out of the room to add some balance. I am thinking on it as I wander in and out of the room. 

The lawn got its late fall fertilizer yesterday morning. No more needs to be done on it until spring. It is looking healthy and will come through the winter okay. It will be green until sometime in January. 

I stood out on the deck in the late afternoon and it was warm out there. Hard to believe we had 2 frosty mornings and several cool days. The house was warm and I had the windows open. I am enjoying these days as it is going to cool off again. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday. I made 11 meters of piping. It took me about 3 hours to make it all from sewing the strips together, putting it through the piping foot with the cord, and trimming the seam back to 1/4". 

I had some negative thoughts while sewing. Part of it was from the room being cleaned. Part was me thinking about the future. 

The thoughts came out of the blue and almost made me depressed. I felt some sort of pressure that once I sew up the stash people would expect me to become just a quilter, do the long arm quilting class and quilt my own quilts, join a quilting group, and just sew doll clothes. A bit scary to be thinking that way.

By the time I finished the last roll of piping, I had shook it off. There have been some tiny things said in the past few months and I have been trying to ignore them. I will continue to work on ignoring them. What I decide to do in the sewing room is my decision. 

When I was done sewing, I did grab some scraps from the basket to make mug rugs and the fabric for the table runner for daughter. Once the doll's pyjamas are done, I will chose 2 more outfits to sew for the dolls. I left the sewing room in a much better mood. 

Knitting

I knit 19 rounds on the sock and am ready to start the heel flap. 

I am loving the yarn and how it is knitting up. Not what I had expected but I love it. 

Thoughts

    I am so thankful for the lovely weather we are having. I am not ready for winter. I am still wanting to soak in the beautiful colours on the leaves and the warmth in the sunshine. Soon it will be dreary and cold. I am not looking forward to that. 

    I am glad that I took a break from sewing for a few days. I was happy to get back to doing it in the afternoons. My focus is still on sewing up the stash so I can sew what I want with new fabric. What is amazing me is how little I want to go into the stores to look at or buy fabric. I am really focusing on the stash and getting it sewn into projects. 

    I am struggling with the spare bedroom and how it is looking. I love the colour and how bright it looks in there. I want to change the pillows and table runner to something softer. I know it will take me a bit longer to get what I want. I do know that I will have to buy fabric for the items I want to make. Not a lot; a table runner and a cushion cover. 

    My SI joint cracked into place again. I did it in bed last night. Hopefully I will have less pain as I am tired of having it all the time. I know part of the reason the SI joint unseats is due to the arthritis in my hip. It also unseats if I do too much and I never do find the fine line between doing too much and too little.

Today

I am off to the city with daughter-in-law. When we get home, I will decide on what I will do - sew, rest, or ???. I want to knit tonight as I am excited to see what the heel flap will look like on the socks. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:07 PM

    I think the bedroom looks good, and I would say to keep the curtains. Maybe put a dark throw at an angle across the lower part of the bed, on the side away from the window. It could be the white of the bed coverings that are making the other side of the room look heavier. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on finishing the painting job! Marianne

    ReplyDelete