Friday, October 18, 2024

More Ornaments Completed

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 11C. This morning it is clear, frosty and 2C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I was out to Sackville for osteopathy and the drive both ways did not disappoint. The intense reds, bright oranges, yellows, light greens and rusts made the landscape vibrant. Add the sun and it was a beautiful drive. 

At osteopathy, the therapist worked on the hip flexor. It is tight from the flare up I had, me sitting a lot, and over doing it painting and cleaning. It was another no pain, no gain session. The work on the flexor was quite painful and I could feel every move done on that muscle group. I need to get back to doing my physio yoga to start stretching all those muscles. When done, I came home and put heat on that area as it was sore. Soreness is almost gone but I need to be careful. 

I went grocery shopping in the afternoon. I did the short route to the store (as do a lot of people). Not an exciting trip but a necessary one. 

Crafting

I did crafting before I went to osteopathy and later in the afternoon. I worked on the Christmas ornaments. I got Colt's done before osteopathy.

His was easy to do. Bentley's was harder and I struggled to get the initial on. I succeeded. 

Next up was son-in-law's. The B was even more difficult than Bentley's. I am planning on redoing it. I did daughter's and will redo her name as I don't like how it is slanting downwards. 

I watched about 5 videos after I was done on how to do it and everyone but one person did it the way I did. The one person said to put the vinyl down in one spot, remove the transfer tape and lay the piece down without it. I am going to try that. 

Overall, I am happy with how the ornaments look and will try more later on. Those I will fill with pour paint and then add words to the outside. Ideas are in my head. I also have a video saved to help me on the process.

As I knit at night, I listen to videos more than I watch them. There was one I stopped to watch and the person showed these two ornaments. Ideas are in my head and I will be searching for wooden cutouts to see if I can make them. 

I didn't get the name of the person's video or I would link to it. The ideas are more rustic as it is a cabin in the woods. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit due to missing another buttonhole. The body of the sweater is done. 

One evening will finish the sleeves as they are short. When done, I will be focusing on the socks so I can get them done in a couple of weeks. 

Thoughts

    I have enjoyed playing with the Cricut and know I will be doing more on it this winter. The ornaments have turned out cute and if I can get them on sale later, I will buy more and do words on them and use colourful ribbons. Once I finish these ornaments, I want to make some reindeer with red Lindt noses that I made last year. That will be later on in November. 

    I watched a video on a person who lives in Sweden decorated for Christmas.  She brought in 4 bigger boxes of decorations which is a lot. I waited to see what was in them. There were valances (red plaid, red with blue hearts, and snowmen) that she ironed and hung up. There were a lot of lights in the boxes that she either hung up in the windows or put on the window ledges. The last bit was two place mats and a few small ornaments. The house was cozy and still minimal in its looks. I went from wondering how much she was going to put out to looking at a wonderfully decorated home that wasn't filled with a lot of items but still looked festive. Most of her items were big and filled the boxes quickly. It made me realize that less is more. What can I let go of in my Christmas tubs.

    I also watched another video a couple of nights ago and the couple are getting their kitchen renovated. This couple loves colour and they are painting the kitchen a pink and will have blue cupboards installed. They stated it isn't everyone's taste but they love colour. And they do as every room in their house is colourful but tastefully done. 

Today

I am going to vacuum floors and scrub the spare bedroom so I can paint the baseboards on Saturday morning. I plan on working and finishing the ornaments in the afternoon. I am out tonight to watch the live production of Beauty and the Beast. I am looking forward to that. 

Until the next time...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment