Thursday, October 03, 2024

Job Done and Muscles Sore

 Yesterday was cloudy until late afternoon when we had some sunshine. The high got to 16C. This morning it is mainly cloudy and 8C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 20C.

Lifestyle

I painted for over 3 hours yesterday. I had to cut in and roll the two walls and it was slow going. I was up and down the ladder many, many times and then sat on the floor for what seemed ages. The job is done. 

One of the issues was the light yesterday. It was hard to paint the window wall. It was equally as hard to take a picture of it. 

I was very sore when I got done. Mainly muscles that screamed at being over worked. I cleaned up and sat with heat on my hip for 2 hours. 

I watched the Miss Rodeo Canada speeches yesterday as daughter had made 2 of the contestants dresses. There were 2 speeches I enjoyed and the rest were not that good. The outfits were mainly dark and if the girls wore a dark hat, they blended into the darker wall behind them. Daughter and I talked about colour ideas for next year as the speeches will b held in that room. 

I did get up and walk around and decided that I needed to get busy and exercise the hip. I took recycling out to the bins in the garage and sorted it into the right bins. Nothing went out for pick up today as I didn't have enough. I made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. Not a lot but it did help the muscles in my hip. 

I did a lot of stretching when I went to bed. It was hard to do as I was sore. But it paid off as I have very little pain this morning. 

Sewing

I did make it down to the sewing room. I marked where I wanted the snaps on the dress and got 2 of the 4 sets hand sewn on. That was it. 

Knitting

I finished the inside of the socks so the loose ends were buried. Once done that I cast on and started to knit the second sock. I got quite a bit done on the cuff. 

Thoughts

    I have to rethink how much I paint in a day. Doing 2 walls in the spare bedroom is too much especially if I have to cut in and roll on the same day. I am going to have to do less space at one time. When I get the room ready to paint the rest of it, I will have to break it up so I do half of what is left at a time. 

    I am fighting with my weight. I am keeping track of what I eat and not over doing it. My weight has gone up. I think part is from working hard (muscle) and part is from the pain. I will stay focused on eating properly.  

    The fridge decided to act up again. I have emptied it and am using the mini fridge once again. The repair technician comes on Monday so here is hoping it can be fixed. If not, I have to get a new fridge. 

    Elliott is in a snot this morning. I filled his automatic feeder and he refused to eat his food. He has talked to me a mile a minute and when I looked in the pantry, he watched me and then started to eat his breakfast. Something was annoying him about the pantry. He will be fine now. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet and then get my hair cut. Once home, I need to start cleaning the house. I would like to sew the remaining snaps on the dress and start the doll's quilt. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment