Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Into The City I Went

 Yesterday was warm and sunny. The high was 16C (official) but the thermometers here all said 18C. This morning it is 10C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 21C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door by 8:15 am to go to family's. Daughter-in-law and I were off to the city for most of the day. 

Our first stop was her osteopathy appointment which was as per usual. When done, we headed in to shop. Store #1 was to get a few grocery items for the community hall. That store is in Halifax. Then it was off to Bayer's Lake to do our shopping. 

Our first stop was Costco where we had a hotdog and pop for lunch. It was a great to have a hotdog as I had been craving one. Our next part was to pick up a few items as we headed to the Christmas section to snoop shop. That was a lot of fun. Daughter-in-law found one Christmas present for a friend. We then did the rest of the store getting what we needed. 

It was off to Walmart and the Superstore for more groceries. We were done by then and headed home. Once unloaded, I sat on the couch with heat on my sore muscles. My hip flexor decided it was going to rebel with me walking on so much cement. 

I did putter a bit in the spare bedroom. The second table is back in there and it does look more balanced. It could leave the room once I get it done. I will be putting a dark blue throw at an angle on the bed. And the curtains are staying as I have come to like them in the room. I will be taking pictures when I get the room completed. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday. My thoughts were about how I will sew up what I can of the stash and continue to donate what I know I won't sew. It is going to be sew what I want to make and do what I want to do in that room. 

Knitting

I did a lot of knitting on the sock last night. The heel flap was knit and I like how the yarn looks. 

The heel was turned, the gusset stitches picked up, and the first two rounds knit. 

This is the hardest part of the sock to photograph. It looks like a shark with its mouth open. It flops like crazy when you try to get it to lie flat. Hopefully by tonight it will be more cooperative when I take pictures of it. 

Thoughts

     The rain that was forecasted for the end of the week is not happening. It will be 24 hours of showers rather than a couple of days of rain. It is going to be cooler with frost starting next week. Halloween could be warmer this year which will be nice. 

    We have decided to do less decorating for Halloween. No pumpkins as we just toss them into the compost bin at the end of the night. The reusable items we have stored will be put out and I may get a few glow sticks for the driveway. It will look great without the pumpkins as we have lots of other items. 

    I am going to start making canvas bags in 2025 and they will have vinyl ironed onto them. These will be sold at a craft bazaar next year. It is a fun family project for daughter-in-law and I to do together. And a bolt of canvas will be sewn up a few bags each month into simple bags with handles. 

Today

I am out for physio in a few minutes. Once done, I am coming home to have my second cup of coffee and then will do some packing of a box to ship to daughter. This afternoon I want to sew and I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment