Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Working On Finishing Projects

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 17C. This morning it is mostly cloudy and 7C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 18C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the front porch area while waiting for daughter-in-law to pick me up. It is done -- spider webs and grass clippings are gone. She arrived just as I finished the job. 

The drive to New Minas was gorgeous. The trees are turning colour making everything vibrant reds, yellows, oranges, and light greens. We admired the scenery both ways. 

At New Minas, we did our shopping. I had my list with prices so we did Walmart and Superstore. We did wander through Superstore as it is larger than the one we shop at. The International section is huge and very interesting to browse. I bought 1 Christmas present in that section. Our last stop was for me to get a gallon of paint. We were home at noon and we really enjoyed our trip together. 

I was out in the afternoon to get the mail and to go to the bank. It was so nice outside. It is also nice to have the windows open all the time and not having to run the heat pump. My favourite time of the year. 

Sewing

I wasn't going to sew as I was tired but I forced myself to do it. I knew I could finish the dress if I focused on it. I did accomplish what I set out to do. Done to the snaps. 

I did a lot of hand basting on the dress as the bias strips for the arms is small. Not only does basting keep the piece in place, I don't get poked by pins or frustrated when they fall out and everything shifts on me. When I look at the outfit I see the little girl wearing her dress at the soccer game in Halmstad. I am so glad I chose to do my version of it. 

And, yes, she wore a hat with pink flowers on it when they left the pitch. 

I have been asked to make this doll's top twice. Once on the straight of grain and the other on the bias. Challenge accepted when I have a bit of time. I need to look in the stash for fabric.

Knitting

I unknit the toe on the sock and reknit it. Much, much better. More rounded this time. 

I finished the sock and am ready to work bury the yarn on the inside. 

Then on to the second sock. 

I see that there is a home business not far from family's. I am going to go for a visit as she carries my favourite knitting needles. I want to snoop shop her yarn to see what she carries. 

Thoughts

    Daughter-in-law's parent arrive on Friday and they are going to see the change in the trees while they are here. If all goes well, it will be a spectacular show of colour this fall. The past two years have been poor due to the storms we had. 

    I am ramping up to get a box ready to ship to daughter. It is free shipping Tuesday with Canada post for this month. I have the box out and need to wrap what I have and get a few more items. That means going to Bedford and Dartmouth to shop. It also means placing an Amazon order. I also means doing a bit of sewing. 

Today

I need to do the balance sheet and paint the two walls this morning. This afternoon I want to sew the snaps on the doll's dress and start the doll's quilt. Tonight I will bury the yarn in the first sock so it is finished. I may even get the 2nd sock cast on. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment