Sunday, October 20, 2024

An Afternoon of Visiting and Resting

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 18C. This morning it is 10C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning in the spare bedroom taping the wall above and the floor below the baseboard on the long wall. It took 20 minutes to do that job as I was trying to be precise in putting the tape down. After a brief rest, I painted the baseboard. I was hoping that it would make a difference in the how it looked due to some scuffing. I was amazed as I painted it. The old paint was a greyish white and I put on ultra white. The old paint was rough and the paint I used went on smooth. I am not sure what the painters used but it certainly wasn't what I had thought it was. The tape was removed an hour later and I have one spot to fix. The floor was cleaned up. Once I give it a mopping, I can move furniture around and paint the window and a bit more baseboard. There isn't a lot to do until I start the other trim later on. 

Once the painting was done and I cleaned up, I had a short water break and then lunch. I put my head back on the couch and fell asleep. I really needed that hour of sleep as I was tired. 

I was over to visit my friend after I woke up. We had tea in her son's covered deck area. It is set up for winter with plastic on the windows and it was delightfully warm in there. Her dog and her son's older dog joined us and we sat and talked about what we have been doing since we last visited 2 weeks ago. Her youngest grandson came to get their dog and she told him she wasn't leaving. Her son came at bit later to get the dog and she wasn't leaving. We took her to the house at 4 pm. She was happy to go home when we did. 

Sewing/Crafting

I did none yesterday as I was out. I did rewatch a video on painting and decorating clear ornaments. I downloaded the font the presenter used (free) and played a bit on Cricut's Design Space. I know I can use the font that I used for daughter's ornaments. I quite like that font. 

Knitting

I did knit 10 rounds on the sock. I have 20 rounds left to go before I start the heel flap. Progress has been made and I will plug along knitting it. 

Thoughts

    I am glad I had a slow afternoon of doing nothing. I needed the down time as I was super tired. It was nice to sit in a warm outdoor space, drink tea, and visit. I really need that. 

    I booked an appointment for my Covid vaccine. I am able to get it locally which is nice though I would drive to another community to get it. There is an increase in covid numbers according to the province's chief medical officer but it is to be expected in the fall. 

    My IBS has flared up and I think part of it is stress and worrying. It could also be due to the fact I had a flare up in my hip. I am not going to worry about it as that will make it worse. I will live with it. 

Today

I am going to do a bit of painting this morning, move some of the bedroom furniture around. I want to plant the garlic after lunch. I may have to be at the community hall to help with a dinner tonight. If so I won't be doing any sewing or knitting. If not, I will be sewing and knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment