Friday, October 25, 2024

Projects Completed

 Yesterday was cloudy but not dreary. The high go to 18C. This morning it is cloudy, windy, and 9C. Today is suppose to be showery this morning and cloudy this afternoon. The high is suppose to get to 11C. 

Lifestyle

I was out to New Minas in the morning to get Elliott more cat food. With that job done, I decided to get a few items at Walmart and look at the Christmas items. I did buy some wrapping paper and tags. I got a few groceries and a couple of Christmas gifts. 

My next stop was to a pharmacy to mail a parcel to daughter. When I walked in there was a display of cardinal items. I really had a good look at them, admired them, and bought nothing. They were beautiful but I don't need them. 

My last stop was to Home Sense which I enjoy wandering around. I was looking for bed sheets but the brand I have isn't there at this time. I looked at the Christmas items. I saw a realistic moose that I liked but don't need. I saw hot chocolate that only comes out at Christmas. I also looked at the napkins but nothing spoke to me. From what I see, the store is just gearing up for Christmas at this time. 

I headed for home after that. I was getting tired as I had a glucose low while in Walmart. I did eat something but it hit me hard leaving me weary. At home I had an orange and some applesauce which got me through the afternoon. 

Sewing

I did sew in the afternoon. The doll pyjamas are done. My plan on how to finish the top worked really well and the bottoms were a breeze to make. 

The pattern is McCalls 6005 and they do fit a bit big. That is okay as the top is pulled over the doll's head. 

I used a plastic popper at the neckline. 

Now that the list of projects is completed, I am ready to cut out the next batch. I have fabric out for mug rugs and a table runner. I need to get out the fabric and patterns for the next doll's outfit and something else. Maybe another fabric basket or bag. 

Knitting

I did a lot of knitting last night. I finished the first sock to weaving in the loose ends. 

The pattern is wilder than any I have knit. The other side of the sock looks just as interesting. 

And looking down the foot is equally interesting. 

I can't wait to see how the other sock is going to knit up. 

Thoughts

    I am starting to think some of my tiredness before lunch is not just from lack of sleep but from glucose lows near noon. I am going to have to monitor it closely as I thought I was eating enough at breakfast. It is my usual breakfast that I have eaten for years.

    I am working on having less in the house. I keep looking around to see how I can get my home easier to keep tidy and clean. I know I have a mess right now as I am painting but as I put each area back together I am deciding what I need and what I can let go of. I know that I have a lot less than I had when I started this decluttering process 14 years ago. But I still have items that I don't use. Some of the items are hard to let go of as they were gifts. I know it is an ongoing process and I need to continue working on it. 

    Our weather is going to cool off again though Halloween is suppose to be warm. It hasn't been a real cold fall for us. The trees are starting to loose their leaves. The red is less vibrant but the yellows are brilliant. I am enjoying the colour as it will soon be over. 

Today

My goal is to work in the spare bedroom and get the rest of the baseboards painted. I do have to go out right after lunch for a few minutes. I want to start prepping the next batch of items to be sewn. I want to start the second sock tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment