Yesterday was one of sunshine, wind, and rain. The high got to 23C (humidex 25C). This morning is clear and 14C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a chance of showers this afternoon. The high is to get to 24C (humidex 27C).
Lifestyle
I spent a good hour pruning the shrub at the front door. The deer haven't touched it since winter and it was getting wild. I took 4 Rubbermaid dishpans stuffed full of clippings off it. It is now not on the steps or hanging over onto the lawn. I also pulled the remaining weeds around the shrub and down the little sidewalk.
Once inside, I went down and starched the fabric and panels for the placemats and apron. I pressed them and then hung them on the drying rack out on the deck.
As I had put fabric out to finish drying, the wind had to come up and blow the smaller pieces off the rack. I did pull them inside about 45 minutes later as they were dry.I took out the recycling to the garage and as I was doing that my knees, SI joint, and muscles started to hurt. It was not fun doing things being so sore but I pushed forward wondering what I had one wrong. It was the air pressure dropping I discovered later when I looked out the window to see it raining hard. I sat on heat to get some relief.
Family was over to see if I wanted to go to New Minas. I declined as I was sore and had been there the day before. I did talk to them for a few minutes. Daughter-in-law has a nasty summer cold and took the afternoon off work. I don't blame her as she needed to rest and get well.
Sewing
I did sew even if I was sore. I actually took off the slides I was wearing and stood in my sock feet while making flying geese. I decided to do assembly line sewing. I made 5 blocks and ended up with 20 geese.
As far as my calculations go, I need 5 per placemat with a small piece of the rust added to the top. I am still thinking of having no black strip around the picture as I am doing navy blue binding. I will not be adding a border to them but will just quilt the print and bind them. I am keeping them simple. The club they are going to can either auction them off as a set of 4 or with the apron.Knitting
I knit 8 rows on the afghan last night. The ball of yarn is getting smaller and smaller or should I say the hole in the middle is getting larger.
There is a few more nights of knitting left in this ball and then on to the next one.Thoughts
I saw 3 hummingbirds at my neighbour's feeder yesterday morning. I was excited to see them there as I have only seen one or two around us. I may have to put out a feeder next year to see if we can attract more.
I was shocked to see it raining yesterday afternoon. It was a good down pour but it didn't last long. It also didn't get dark as there were no thunder clouds in our area. There were in other parts of the province. Everything is green and lush with all the rain we've had in the past 4 days.
I ate my first ripe tomato off my plants and it was sweet. I also gave one to family to enjoy. I will be picking more tomorrow to share with them.
Today
I have to go grocery shopping and then will prep dinner when I get home. I also have to clean up the kitchen. I want to sew on the placemats this afternoon and knit tonight. A day off from weeding unless it is just to pull a few weeds if I have time.
Until the next time..............................................................




No comments:
Post a Comment