Yesterday was one of those days where it did everything but snow or hail (hailed west of us though). It was sunny, turned grey and dark, rained, had thunder, and then more rain. It was like living in a big pot of hot soup. The high got to 26C (humidex 34C). This morning it is cloudy and 21C (humidex 28C). Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with (maybe) some showers. The high is to get to 30C (humidex 36C).
Lifestyle
The heat and humidity got to me yesterday. Even though I got the house cold I was still feeling the effects of the weather. Part is not getting out and part is living in a house that has all the shade drawn. It is like living in a box. Anyways, I turned on the heat pump in the basement to dehumidifier and then emptied the portable dehumidifier as its tank was almost full.
I did get a load of laundry washed and dried but not folded.
I had a rest but didn't sleep.
I was out at 3:30 pm to the community hall where I helped daughter-in-law work the bar. It was busy as everyone wanted to drink due to the heat and humidity and because we were forewarned they were drinkers. We worked steady for 90 minutes. I then helped get the plates of dinner out of the bar cooler which we had been playing Tetris with. I did a turn that hurt me something fierce while doing that.
The bar cooler started to warm up and we put it to the amount of time the door was opened and the warm stock we put in. In actual fact, the cooler got turned off and daughter-in-law did a quick google search and turned it on. There was a lull almost 4 hours in so I left thinking it would be slower and that son would help. He was on duty to buy if stock went down. He went twice. I should have stayed and pushed through as it was busy and I didn't sleep but much until an hour after the bar closed.
I woke about 90 minutes after going to bed to a power outage. Not sure why it went off but estimated time was 2:15 am. I go the portable generator into the bedroom so I could have a lamp and my cPap machine plugged in. The house was cold so I knew it wouldn't get warm for about 3 hours. It was raining soup outside. I checked the power outage map at 2 pm and it was clear here but we had no power. I reported it and a few minutes later the map showed it was still out and estimated time now 3 am. It came back on at 2:05 am. I was out of bed to make sure the a/c and fans were on and running. It was still raining. I did sleep after that but not enough for me.
Sewing
I got the doll's dress finished. All I had to do was sew on the button and snaps and give it a good pressing.
I held the top button down so I could fold the top of the opening back for a cuter more relaxed look. The back turned out good considering you were to put loop and hook tape on it. I put on snaps instead. I did a couple of hidden stitches to hold edges in place. I will be making the top part of the dress again when I find fabric for the capris and shorts.Knitting
None done last night.
Thoughts
My thoughts are going out to the people in the Okangan. The area of Summerland has a fierce wildfire. The community has been evacuated and many homes have been burned. The hospital in Penticton is operating under an orange code as they receive patients from Summerland and treat those people who need it. The province of BC is under a state of emergency as there are about 100 wild fires burning and thousands who have been evacuated.
Ashcroft, where daughter lives, has the worst air quality in all of BC. They have smoke coming in from all directions due to the wildfires. Every time I say it is raining she wishes they could have it, even if it feels like soup outside. They are very hot and dry there and have been for a long time.
The fog has rolled in adding to the list of weather conditions we are experiencing. I am starting to see the humour in this even if it is ugly to be outside.
Today
It is survival day for me. I will be having a nap sometime today. My goal is to fold laundry and make sure I have something for dinner. I won't be touching any sewing or knitting projects as I know I will turn it into a disaster.
Until the next time................................................................



No comments:
Post a Comment