Yesterday was quite sunny with a high of 25C (humidex 27C). This morning it is clearing off from rain last night and 14C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 23C.
Lifestyle
I made a list of things I needed to do yesterday and set about doing it. I started off with a few easy jobs: take out the garbage, fold the laundry, and launder the sheets. Then I set about fall cleaning. The closet was tackled first. Everything was moved and it was dusted, wiped down and the floor washed.
While everything was out, I organized the winter basket and tossed a pair of worn out gloves. Next was the trolley that I have cleaning items on. I tossed 7 or 8 worn out cleaning rags and replaced them with new ones. I tidied up the mess and put it all away. Books were taken out of a basket and all but 2 were put into a pile to be taken to a little library in our area.
I picked up all the recycling and put it out into the garage. My break was changing Rosie's filter and emptying her dust bin. I also filled her tank with water.I washed the door inside and out and then started washing walls in that area. I made sure they were spotless and then did the baseboards. I wiped the refrigerator down and then washed the floor.
While the floor was drying, I took the books to the little library and once home I put everything back in its place and put the sheets into the dryer.In the afternoon, I watered all the plants and picked the cucumbers and tomatoes. The earwigs are eating the tomatoes so I am going to start picking them before they are ripe. I also made my bed and while dinner was warming up, I emptied the dishwasher and loaded it up again. After dinner, I did my usual clean up so the kitchen is clean in the morning.
Sewing
I started the table runner. I pressed and cut the pieces for block #1. I carefully sewed the pieces together doing a lot of measuring after each row. I was successful.
I used the herpa marker to mark the lines where I will the outline stitch so these pumpkins have some curves to them. I am deciding if I will embroider the now or after I sandwich the 3 layers together.Knitting
I knit 4 rows on the afghan border and had to stop when casting off. My hands started to cramp.
Thoughts
I am happy that I got the first area cleaned. I was surprised that I had a lot of items to go out to the trash or recycling from the closet. I am happy all the books are gone. I kept one to read as it is about the Acadians in a community near us (fictional based on truth). The author is from that community. It will go to the little library when I have read it.
I ate well and tracked all my food. I was hungry in the afternoon as lunch wasn't big. But I didn't snack. I was a bit short on fluids which was one reason my hands cramped. The other reason was handling the small bits of fabric when making block #1.
Daughter spent Saturday and yesterday at a class so she could get her Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). She was nervous about doing it. Saturday was class and the room was overly warm and stuffy. The a/c hadn't been put on. Yesterday was the practical side of it plus the written and hands on test. She got 96% on the written test and 100% on the hands on test. She was tired when done and had been out of the house over 9 hours yesterday. She has to submit the paper work and wait for her certificate to be sent to her.
I slept poorly last night. Don't know why. I woke up around 1 am really hot. I had to get up and lower the temperature on the a/c. I know I will have a nap after lunch as I will be tired. I hate it when I sleep poorly as it slows me down during the day.
Today
I have physio early this morning. Once home, I have to prep chicken for dinner and then start more fall cleaning. I have to do a load of laundry. I will nap after lunch and I hope I can start work on block #2. If I have the energy, I will finish casting off the afghan. I am going to push myself to get my to-do list done.
Until the next time.................................................................




No comments:
Post a Comment