Yesterday was wet and humid with a high of 25C (humidex 35C). This morning it is cloudy and 22C (humidex 31C). Today is supposed to be mainly cloudy with some wind. The high is supposed to get to 24C (humidex 32C).
Lifestyle
I was at the community hall before 8 am to help make sandwiches. We had to make 8 loaves for a celebration of life which was being held at the hall and another 6 loaves for an anniversary party in another community. It was a lot of work and I got behind as two electric knives wouldn't work. I started out cutting sandwiches with a bread knife. One of the ladies went home and got her electric knife which was so nice of her. We were done in less than 2 hours. As I was cleaning up my work space, I turned and had a huge pain in my leg. First I thought it was my hip but it is a combination of muscles and my SI joint. I hobbled to help finish up which was very annoying for me.
At home, I sat on the couch with heat on my sore spots. I let myself relax so the heat would get into the relaxed muscles. I got up and walked every so often to keep them from stiffening up.
I went over to family's at 1 pm to help daughter deliver the sandwiches to the anniversary party. I hadn't been out to that area (Avondale) for over 4 years. We had a lovely drive out there with no rain. We found the hall and it is smaller than ours but very nice. We unloaded the food and helped them get it onto the tables. The people were so happy to have this as no one does sandwiches and sweet trays in this area.
We left the hall and daughter-in-law wanted to go to the winery. We did a loop around and had one big laugh when we discovered it was 2 lots down from the hall. The winery is very interesting as it is in a restored historic church that was brought to the location via barge and road (42 km trip). Daughter-in-law tasted wine with the owner and I bought her a bottle of wine that was new to her. She bought the ones they love. We had a lovely time in the building and little has changed since I was there in November 2017.
Once home, I sat with heat on my sore spots. I also let my body shut down and rest from the funk I have been having. The tv was on and I let some shows run. I played games on my iPad. Around 4:30 I noticed that I was moving out of the funk and was ready to make something for dinner. The first time in 3 days. I had subconsciously worked through everything and was ready to move forward. What my subconscious was working through was a lot more than I had realized.
The rain we were supposed to get wasn't nearly as heavy as anticipated. We got about an inch of rain maybe slightly more. The humidity was worse than the rain. When we walked outside to do things it felt like you had a very warm wet towel around you. It was quite uncomfortable. The humidity hasn't passed yet and it was very oppressive when I went out onto the deck at 6:30 this morning. Hopefully the humidity will leave and we can enjoy "normal" weather again.
I did not sew or knit yesterday as I wasn't in the mood to do it.
Today
I have to do some paperwork and some cleaning. I also have to fold laundry and put it away. I want to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. It is an inside day for me.
Until the next time...................................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment