Wednesday, August 05, 2026

A Teeny Tiny Cucumber

 Yesterday was warm and windy. The high got to 26C (humidex 29C). This morning it is clear and 19C. Today is supposed to be sunny and hot with a high of 32C (humidex 37C). 

Lifestyle

I had a busy morning. I did my yoga exercises first and I am getting more flexible. I am also having less cramps as my muscles are getting stronger. 

My next job was to get some money out of the bank so I can pay for my haircut today. The drive was uneventful. 

Once home, I worked on the chicken carcass from dinner the night before. I got 6 ounces of meat off it which I have in the fridge for lunches. I then put the bones into the Instapot and pressure cooked them for broth. I use it when cooking. 

I folded the laundry and got it put away. It didn't take me long as I pushed through focusing on it and not other things. My last job was to take out the garbage and recycling. I sprayed everything as there are fruit flies showing up. I don't like them at all so out comes the bug killer for fruit fly season.

I moved the cucumbers on the deck as they are starting to hang over and I don't want the deer to munch on them. I found one tiny cucumber. 

I also noticed that I have one larger tomato ripening. 

While out watering the vegetables, I noticed my neighbour's mom was out holding the new baby. She is 5 weeks old. I went up to see her and visited with them for a while. The baby and their other daughter are going to look alike. 

The company was out to spray for cinch bugs. The person doing the job hasn't been here for over a year. He told me that most of the damage to my lawn is cinch bugs from last year which was done twice. He said they will be doing fertilizer and weed control in the next 6 weeks. He also said my lawn needs seeding which will be done in September. 

Sewing

I cut out a top and a capris for the Gotz dolls. I do not have fabric for the capris that goes with any printed fabric. I have decided to make the dress so have printed the pieces for the skirt. 

Knitting

I did knit 8 rows last night and am doing the dark colour. 

Thoughts

    We are under a heat warning until Saturday. The highs are to get up to 32C with a humidex of 37-38C. The humidity soup arrives Friday or Saturday which will be disgusting. The humidity this morning is 67% which is low for us. No dew either. 

    I had less pain in my SI joint yesterday even though I was busy. The stretching exercises are working which is great. I am hoping to get outside next week when it is cooler and do some things in the yard rather than just do housework. It is time to be outside and see how much I can get done. There are a lot of weeds to be pulled and I should do some other things. I also need to call the person to come and mow my lawn. 

Today

I am out shortly to make sandwiches as I have to leave early for a hair cut. Once home, I want to do some cleaning in the basement. I didn't get to it yesterday. I hope to cut out the doll's dress today and knit tonight. I won't be outside today except to water the plants. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment