Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with one tiny shower. The high got to 27C (humidex 34C). This morning it is cloudy and 19C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 23C (humidex 26C).
Lifestyle
Prior to leaving for New Minas, I went down to the basement. It was overly warm down there. I checked the dehumidifier and it said the house humidity was 50%. I emptied the container even though it only 3/4 full. I turned on heat pump to dehumidify and hoped it would cool off. It worked as it was almost cold down there mid afternoon.
The trip to New Minas was warm and muggy. I got my bag from the quilt shop and did buy some fabric. I went to Walmart to buy groceries as it is cheaper than buying them locally. By the time I was done there, it was time to go home. I was tired and it felt ugly outside.
Once home, I put the groceries away and crawled into bed. I hadn't slept well and the humidity is bothering me once again. I had a good nap and felt much better when I woke up almost an hour later.
I was out to family's last night. Daughter-in-law and I took the containers of sandwich filling to the community hall to put in the fridge. We didn't stay long and went home for dinner. It was hot dogs and chips. After dinner we had to go back to the hall and do the cookie trays. Once back at their place we watched YouTube videos on British Indian cooking. I learned a few new things that I didn't know about curries.
Sewing
I spent about an hour at the quilt shop buying the fabrics for the table runner. It was a lot of fun as several people hung around to help me. I chose mainly solids with two of the fabrics having subtle prints and the backing and binding being a soft print.
I was going to go to Michaels to look at their fabric. I didn't as I was too tired and will save it for another trip. The only fabric I am interested in is their solids as it is a good brand name. The others will be of interest for doll clothes and some small craft projects.After my nap, I decided to play around with an embroidery design. I haven't stitched it out in about 15 years when I used it on a vest I did for a rodeo queen. I got out the colours I had put into the design and had a bit of fun on a piece of fabric.
I am thinking of using this idea for another table runner. I need a different fabric for the embroidery plus more of the print. I may be back at the quilt shop on Tuesday for fabric and thread. Glide thread is wonderful to use in embroidery projects.Knitting
None done last night as I got home late.
Thoughts
The humid weather is not going away like we had hoped it would. It has stuck around and is keeping us all inside trying to stay cool. I popped my head outside this morning and it is humid even though we don't have a humidex reading. It must be close. I keep reminding myself cooler weather will arrive sometime in September.
I was going to start fall cleaning mid September but have decided to start doing some each day right now. If I can't get outside to do things, I can wash walls, etc. slowly over the next few weeks. Windows can wait until it cools down. It will keep me busy in the mornings.
Today
I am out shortly to make sandwiches. Once home, I want to start fall cleaning. This afternoon I hope to prep the fabrics for the table runner. Tonight I hope to knit.
Until the next time...............................................................


No comments:
Post a Comment