Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with one good shower early in the afternoon. The high got to 25C (humidex 30C). This morning it is foggy and it seems to have rained during the night. It is 14C. Today is supposed to be mainly sunny with a high of 28C (humidex 34C).
Lifestyle
Yesterday was busy in a different kind of way. I did a few little chores in the morning and spent the rest of the morning sewing. At noon, I was out to have lunch with daughter-in-law as it was her 50th birthday. After lunch it was back downstairs to sew.
Late in the afternoon, I was out to mail the parcel of sewing and I had a nice visit with the lady at the post office. Once I was done there, I went to get flowers for daughter-in-law and delivered them. Talked to son for a bit and then home. I was tired so dinner was ice cream.
On my way to the post office, I was able to take a picture of the shrub at one house. I was so impressed with the huge blooms on it.
A bit of google searching and I found out it is a "hardy hibiscus" or Lavatera. It is the first one I have seen here though people do grow regular hibiscus outdoors here.The humidex was gone by 9 pm and I opened up the house for the night. I even stood out on the deck for a few minutes enjoying the cooler air.
When I went to bed it was clear and the moon was shining. I thought it was a full moon but it doesn't happen until tomorrow night. I could see it from bed and drifted off to sleep looking at it.
Sewing
It was another sewing marathon yesterday. Placemat #3 was finished by 11:30 am and pressed it carefully.
After lunch I finished the placemat #4 and celebrated.
I was exhausted as I had pushed myself to get them done. I have sore muscles from all the hand sewing. But, I got it done. Now I have to spend an afternoon cleaning up the sewing and family rooms.Knitting
None done last night as I was tired and somewhat sore.
Thoughts
I am hoping I don't have to do another marathon sewing spree for a while. This one had pressure on it as I didn't know the deadline and it was sooner rather than later. The person I shipped it to will get it Monday or Tuesday. I am tracking it so daughter can let the person know when it arrives at their post office.
I made a list of everything I need to do over the next few days. It is extensive but most of it means resetting the house now so I can focus on doing fall cleaning later in September. I am hoping I can have enough done inside so I can spent some time next week pulling weeds.
Today
I am focusing on resetting upstairs and doing 2 loads of laundry. This afternoon I will focus on cleaning up the sewing room from all the sewing I have done. Tonight I hope to knit on the afghan.
Until the next time................................................




No comments:
Post a Comment