Friday, August 07, 2026

A Great Check Up

 Yesterday was hot and sunny with a high of 31C (humidex 35C). When it was 30C the humidex was 37C. This morning it is clear and 16C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a chance of showers this afternoon. The high is to get to 33C (humidex 38C). 

Lifestyle

I did my exercises and noticed that I am loosening up and my muscles are getting a tiny bit stronger. I didn't have any issues while doing them. 

My job of the morning was to prep the onions and peppers for dinner. I got them done, put into the fridge and the area cleaned up. 

I was to the doctor's after that and didn't have to wait long to see him. He was pleased with my blood pressure saying it was excellent. We talked about my possibility of having gout and the test was added to my blood work. He checked the toe and said it didn't look like gout. He thinks I had a flare up with my bunion. He was onto Amazon to show me what I had to buy. We talked about me having fluid retention (drink lots) and that I should loose the weight I have gained. My next visits will be for the flu shot and the Covid vaccine and after that to see him in early November. 

I got home in time to make lunch. I have to say that I am tired of chicken and turkey but I am to continue on with this for a while. I am to monitor my salt intake also. I am trying different spices and herbs and have found that I like some and not others. I can have red meat on occasion but not as often as I would like. 

There was a lot of noise outside my house at 1 pm. I looked out and the municipality had a truck and small digger on our road. They were cleaning the ditch. The digger operator was great and he did a great job at the culvert that takes all the water under the road to the stream that goes down the gully. He methodically worked down the street cleaning out all the grass, garbage, etc. that was in the ditch. 

Sewing

I started sewing the dress. I cut out the straps and pressed them and sewed them and ended up with straps just over 1/4" wide. I pinned them onto the bodice front and read the instructions on how to sew it together. I was confused. They didn't make sense at all. I started to sew how I thought it should be. Not right. Then, I realized I should have read the instructions first. I didn't understand how to put the bodice together. When I read the rest of the instructions for the bodice it made sense. I took out the I took out the stitching I had done and did it right. It is ingenious when you know what to do. 

The bodice is actually 2 pieces and you sew it shut in the front with 4 small buttons. The back will be closed with snaps. 

I am now ready to start on the ruffle and skirt. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got 8 rows done. The ball of yarn is almost finished. 

That is my book where I keep track of my knitting. The page showing is for the afghan. I actually do go back and look at projects I have done so I know what yarn and needles I used. 

Thoughts

    Thank you to the person who gave me a bit more information about the Rolling Barrage. I read a bit more on Facebook about them. Two people gave the number of riders (87 and 129) for this year. The riders had breakfast at the Legion before they set out on their journey. I do thank them for what they do for fund raising for veterans. 

    I have the house opened up and am enjoying the cool air this morning. Yesterday the humidity dropped in the late afternoon and, though hot, it wasn't unbearable when I went out to water all the plants. This spell is supposed to last for the weekend and then move on. 

    I am now watering the vegetable tubs twice a day due to the heat. They are drying out quickly especially the cucumbers. I do the flowers once a day as they get a lot more shade from the shed. The rose bush drinks a lot of water each day. It is ready to have a bunch of blooms open. 

Today

I have to do my exercises and then figure out what I need to do for cleaning. I want to work on the doll's dress this afternoon and knit tonight. It is going to be too hot to do anything outside other than water the plants. 

Until the next time..............................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment