Yesterday started out cloudy and ended up sunny. It was quite humid also. The high got to 26C (humidex 33C). This morning it is cloudy and 18C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with a chance of showers. The high is to get to 28C (humidex 36C).
Lifestyle
First and foremost, thank you for all the kind words on my bag winning.
I did a couple of things before leaving for the tea party. I was tired due to the heat and humidity we are experiencing once again. The description of the humidity is akin to walking outside wrapped in a warm wet towel.
The tea party was fun. I had a couple of belly laughs as one of the staff was looking for me prior to the party. She had a great laugh when she found out it was me. The other ladies didn't know me at all. We introduced ourselves and had a lovely time visiting. I have been invited to join a quilting guild but need more information on the group.
The winning bags were all equally well done. I was told mine won as people were amazed at how I had combined design, muted colours, and custom details into one item. They had several inquiries if it was for sale. The other ladies used more vibrant colours which is typical here. They were all lovely and well thought out bags. My prize was a box of fat quarters in a beach theme.
They are outside my comfort zone and I may give them away to my friend. The other winners got a charm. We all knew the prizes were going to be small. It was more the fun of taking part in the contest vs the prizes.Tea was lovely. The owner is from England so we had a British tea with cucumber sandwiches, scones, and other treats along with a lovely blend of tea.
Everyone is wondering if I will be taking part in the next contest which is a table runner. I said I was thinking about it. We are all being secret about our designs which makes it a lot more fun. My design is forming and I am thinking muted colours. I have looked at fabrics in the store and ideas are running amuck in my head. But more on it when I get the apron made.
I was out for dinner a family's last night and we had a lot of fun. It was more a wild dream of us moving to Uruguay to live. There are some things holding us back but it was certainly fun to think and talk about it.
Thoughts
Marianne, here is hoping you are able to start driving after your hip replacement last week. You are really amazing. Keep up the great work and soon you will be doing everything.
Daughter was assigned another lawyer in the firm. He specializes in family violence which he said is what she is experiencing. She has a list of 19 things to do and he has added a couple more that she has to do also. He also warned her that the judge will dismiss the case as it is low priority and set a new trial date 2 to 6 months down the road. It may not even get heard if the judges dismiss it again. He is also going to help her get mediation moving forward so they can complete the separation sooner rather than later.
The humidity is draining a lot of people's energy. Those who can handle it are outside doing things while the rest of us are struggling to get anything done. The people who bought our friend's house has been outside in it doing a lot of yard work. My next door neighbour mowed their lawn last night. I am envious at how they do it for a long time when I only last 5 minutes and am over heating.
Today
I have to bake a brownie and then do some cleaning up. I am going to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. With today being very humid, I plan on staying inside most of the day.
Until the next time.........................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment